Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unexpected Extras

gt1947

Am on the verge of buying a ct200h. The dealer has one CT200h-I available in the showroom fitted with the sat nav and dab radio options. When I looked over the car I noticed it had electric door mirrors and electrochromatic rear-view mirror. I queried this with the salesman as they are not included in the spec for this model. He advised me that the first few hundred off the production line had been incorrectly spec'd. It also included smart key entry. So apparantly I would get all of these for free!

Just wondering if anyone else has got these surprise extras, and is anything else included?

Also wondering about the sat nav / HDD system. Can you load up your CD's onto the HDD as in the Toyota Prius? Can't see any mention of this in the brochure.

Yes, you can load CDs and rip them to the Hard Drive BUT be aware that the CD uses a limited version of the Gracenote CD identification library, and won't recognise many of your CDs. If you connect an ipod using the USB port it will display the tracks on the screen but you cannot rip from the USB to the Hard Drive. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. It appears to be the same as my current Toyota Prius. Having used the HDD for a couple of years, I would hate to be without it now.

Picked up my CT200h SE-I today and found it didn't have the HDD music library as on the Prius. Apparantly this is only available on the SE-L Premier model. I should have asked the dealer but I just assumed that as the sat nav pack was fitted it included the HDD.

However the USB socket functions in exactly the same way as the HDD, although displaying folders and files rather than albums and tracks, so I can load up loads of MP3's from my PC onto a high capacity usb stick and just leave it plugged in. In fact this is probably easier than loading lots of cd's and recording them to the HDD.

Picked up my CT200h SE-I today and found it didn't have the HDD music library as on the Prius. Apparantly this is only available on the SE-L Premier model. I should have asked the dealer but I just assumed that as the sat nav pack was fitted it included the HDD.

However the USB socket functions in exactly the same way as the HDD, although displaying folders and files rather than albums and tracks, so I can load up loads of MP3's from my PC onto a high capacity usb stick and just leave it plugged in. In fact this is probably easier than loading lots of cd's and recording them to the HDD.

Hi Geoff,

Picked up my CT this morning also. I have to admit that though I put some albums on the HDD on my Prius, I didn't bother in the end and just used either DVDRs with mp3 or just Bluetooth with my Iphone. However, I put one of the DVDRs into the CT and it didn't read it! Just as well I didn't burn too many of those but mostly CDRs!

Anyway I just found this on Play.com. http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/14366702/Hewlett-Packard-V165-16GB-USB-Flash-Drive/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=usb+memory+stick&urlrefer=search

It doesn't look as small as this: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/16414604/LaCie-MosKeyto-8GB-USB-2-0-Flash-Drive/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=moskeyto&urlrefer=search

but is a lot cheaper!!

Hi Geoff,

Picked up my CT this morning also. I have to admit that though I put some albums on the HDD on my Prius, I didn't bother in the end and just used either DVDRs with mp3 or just Bluetooth with my Iphone. However, I put one of the DVDRs into the CT and it didn't read it! Just as well I didn't burn too many of those but mostly CDRs!

Anyway I just found this on Play.com. http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/14366702/Hewlett-Packard-V165-16GB-USB-Flash-Drive/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=usb+memory+stick&urlrefer=search

It doesn't look as small as this: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/16414604/LaCie-MosKeyto-8GB-USB-2-0-Flash-Drive/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=moskeyto&urlrefer=search

but is a lot cheaper!!

Hi, yes I had seen the Lacie one on the american Lexus forum. Apparently the lid can be closed over this one, not sure about the other one as it looks a bit bigger.

I have managed to fit a Ipod nano and hidden it under the usb cover.

I used one of these http://www.dragonext.com/keychain-usb-dock-connector-cable-adapter-for-apple-iphone-ipod-touch-nano-edm3.html and took the plastic middle bit off, removed the 12V cover (dead easy just use a small screwdriver to push the holding rod out, then slip it off) then place the nano face down and push the flap down. Ipod fitted, all covered from prying eyes and easy to remove when I want to update it.

post-37907-0-63438100-1308176376.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links