Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Size Of Photos

If you don't specify picture dimensions in your avatar, then the default 150 x 150 is used as the image aspect ratio details.

To change this:

Go into your

My Controls

Edit Avatar Settings

and change your

Avatar Dimensions to the size of the thumbnail image your using.

In your case, in the image you've chosen they're 150 x 103.

av-2119.jpg

To find the image details press the right mouse button on the above image and choose properties.

You will see the image dimensions are 150 x 103.

I edited it, because it was a little too big. :huh:

Not buy the amount of space taken up, but because of the size in bytes of the image.

Remember, we have modem users here, and it can take ages to load images, thereby slowing down the page load times dramatically, and ruining the whole experience for visitors and members alike.

To be fair, Steve, (administrator bloke on LOC), has been pretty relaxed regarding limiting the size of signatures.

Not only on the amount of space taken up, but also on what images can and cannot be included.

I'll willing to be over ruled here, as I've been guilty of having an elaborate sig in the past, but I do think we need to keep things within reason.

Hope you, and other members understand. :)

Comments on a postcard..

Well, that's what your avatar's for..... :huh:

And you DO have piccys of your car in you sig, albeit smaller than you wanted...

Tell you what...

I'll add a http:// link to the big version of the piccy in your sig.

Then, anyone who wants to see the BIG version, just needs to hover their mouse over the small image and then click on it, to see the BIG version.

Can't say fairer than that..... :winky:

So that means i cant have photos of my car as a sig then :angry::angry:

of course you can matey.

I needed to mess about with it a bit - Gord was quite right, it was too big.

but - I resized it for ya - and have uploaded and linked it all up for ya buddy - so your sorted ;)

nice image too :D

Thanx Matt Mcnally,thats exactly what i wanted,to take place of the wording in my sig.

Can you give me an idiots guide to adding to this as i will have 1 maybe 2 more photo to add

to it(to even it out)

I knew somebody would be sympathetic to my needs :lol::lol:

Cheers fella :winky:

Thanx Matt Mcnally,thats exactly what i wanted,to take place of the wording in my sig.

Can you give me an idiots guide to adding to this as i will have 1 maybe 2 more photo to add

to it(to even it out)

I knew somebody would be sympathetic to my needs :lol::lol:

Cheers fella :winky:

no worries mate ;)

if you are looking at creating a banner like sig - then you want to make it around 468 x 50 pixels, and make sure you export it as a .jpg - to get the lowest filesize.

Or - if you like - drop me an email (use the link below) and we can chat about an animated flash banner if you want ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links