Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very Best Oil For My Is220D

Hi peeps,

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I want to put the very best oil in to my IS220D on the next service wich is due in a couple of weeks???s. Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Col.

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30

This is perfect. Although I was advised by my local dealer to use Shell's ridiculously over-priced 5W-30 because "that's what we use here". But Mobil 1 begged to differ.

I added an injection flush before I flushed the oil, with the car running for 10 minutes, believe it or not this made a heap of difference. Looking in through the oil filler cap, I could identify gunge-looking residues and the additive cleaned this very well insuring an effective flow in the compartment. I would highly recommend doing this on every 2nd/3rd oil change. You will notice the difference. I for one noticed the smoothness of the engine, but that could also be the addition of Mobil 1.

Thanks guys, I'll make sure that I use the Mobil instead of the Shell... (they're always a bit more expensive!!).

Cheers

Col... <[;o)

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30

This is perfect. Although I was advised by my local dealer to use Shell's ridiculously over-priced 5W-30 because "that's what we use here". But Mobil 1 begged to differ.

I added an injection flush before I flushed the oil, with the car running for 10 minutes, believe it or not this made a heap of difference. Looking in through the oil filler cap, I could identify gunge-looking residues and the additive cleaned this very well insuring an effective flow in the compartment. I would highly recommend doing this on every 2nd/3rd oil change. You will notice the difference. I for one noticed the smoothness of the engine, but that could also be the addition of Mobil 1.

I am strictly against flush cleaning of engine using any additives on car, which has not been regularly cleaned like this since new.

The reason is that residues may be released in relatively large pieces and before they will be filtered through oil filter, they may stuck on thin oil lines and they will block it. Do not forget that turbo is also cooled with oil lines, imagine what happens there in this case...

There is no really need to flush the engine like this.

I am strictly against flush cleaning of engine using any additives on car, which has not been regularly cleaned like this since new.

Excuse me! I paid little attention to that part!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links