Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Extended Warranties And Servicing

ipwn

Hi there,

I am looking to be purchasing a GS450H in the near future but I am started to get a little bit confused on the warranty sides of things.

I asked a straight question to lexus what the difference between an extended warranty and the original manufacturer warranty was and he said it was very similar.

Does the lexus warranty cover wear and tear items such as a water pump failing or a radiator failing or something. Or if the Xenon stopped working because of a ballast issue? Auto box not engaging drive or a knocking coming from off side that is due to a drop link or something like that. I am trying to get my head around what is covered and what isn't. I was also looking at third party warrantys like warrntywise and if you get the platinum cover and tick everything and have everything maxed out then it costs just under the extended warranty from lexus and also covers wear and tear items so I am lead to believe.

I don't mean brake pads and discs type wear either , I understand these wont be covereed etc.

Also how does lexus servicing actually work, from my research I've gathered its every 10k and goes small service , big service , small service, big service.

I am used to BMWs where it goes oil filter inspection oil filter inspection etc etc.

I rang up my local dealer and the prices I got for the small and big were 219 and 370..

Thanks alot !

Hi and Welcome to LOC

I know certain wear and tear items are not covered. I would get all these items in writing which they should provide from litrature anyway.

The Hybrid system warranty cover is something i would want to look more at though.

Woah woah woah woah..

Extending that warranty doesn't mean they Hybrid is covered even after 5 years?

What use is a car to me that doesn't even have the main bits of the car covered.

I was under the impression the Lexus extended warranty would keep cover the hybrid stuff aswell not just the non hybrid stuff.

If this is the case then I'm out !

I am trying to find a list of standard equipment on the SE-L ones.

More specifically all I am really interested in is whether the SE-L came with radar assist and Mark.L sound systems as standarD?

Anyone know where I can obtain such a list?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links