Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have seen a few fixes for this, which involved removing door panels. Anyone any other more simple solutions. Like some sort of adhesive?

Thanks

IMG_20240515_175836~2.jpg

25 minutes ago, Dankear said:

I have seen a few fixes for this, which involved removing door panels. Anyone any other more simple solutions. Like some sort of adhesive?

Thanks

IMG_20240515_175836~2.jpg

Any Reputable Panel Beater Should be able to sort this for You NO PROBLEM Without the need to replace door panels etc.. My Opinion Only Of Couse..!!! 

That chrome trim comes off without taking the door apart, mine has also gone spotty from the sun. I'm waiting to take mine to a wrapping company, and see what they can do. Its only a rubber/vinyl strip.

The rear door trim comes off without removing the interior door covers, but the front trim only comes off once the sail panel behind the mirror is removed. And to get that off it seems like it is necessary to remove the interior door cover 😞 

I'm wanting to do the drivers door (RHD) but really don't want to go through the hassle of removing the inside panel. If you have figured out a way of getting the front door belt trim off without removing the panel I'll be the first to say thanks 😄 

Cheers...

This is a nightmare job for a weekend sausage-fingered spanner warrior like me - I can just see all the broken fixings, seared fixing points and lost screws now LOL!

I was thinking (when it got bad enough, to just getting a razor blade, to Stanlet knife and cutting the back edges and just peeling them off, leaving the bare shine metal....

This ^^^^. Having looked at all the DIY and a few professional fixes, I have reached the same conclusion. At the moment I only have the driver's door to do, and when this fix comes to the top of my "things to do" list I will get a fresh blade and give it a try. Then get some of the de-chrome vinyl strip used for wrapping/blacking out chrome trim, and see how that works.

Even better would be to find someone local who wraps cars. Go to see them carrying a box of beers and get them to apply the strip of vinyl 😄

Cheers...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links