Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

as some might already know, i dont get to drive the LS much. Wifie type person drives it. Out for a sunday drive yesterday, though, and the cats were stinking hot when we parked up after about 30 miles. We were taking it easy as well.

It also smells like its over fueling, especially when started from cold.

I replaced the disi caps and arms last year so dont think its that.

Any suggestions to cure the over fueling that is probably causing the hot cats?

as some might already know, i dont get to drive the LS much. Wifie type person drives it. Out for a sunday drive yesterday, though, and the cats were stinking hot when we parked up after about 30 miles. We were taking it easy as well.

It also smells like its over fueling, especially when started from cold.

I replaced the disi caps and arms last year so dont think its that.

Any suggestions to cure the over fueling that is probably causing the hot cats?

I had a failing HT coil, which gave me very hot cats and very low power, not quite your symptoms, but if it's on it's way out, perhaps?

Akward to get to , above passenger side manifold, and it can be checked by its resistance readings.

Any error codes?

Thanks guys, No there are no codes or lights on. It is a bit flat around 1500/2000 though and a bit of a missfire up hills.

Where are these sensors and cils and how do i check them guys? Im ok with the nuts and bolts but a bit of a dullard with the sparks. :unsure:

Thanks guys, No there are no codes or lights on. It is a bit flat around 1500/2000 though and a bit of a missfire up hills.

Where are these sensors and cils and how do i check them guys? Im ok with the nuts and bolts but a bit of a dullard with the sparks. :unsure:

If it misfires, have a look at the plugs first, make sure it's firing on all eight

Check HT leads for damage or tracking, some times you can see this in the dark with engine running.

Look for any flashing.

are plug/caps/rotor/leads counted as consumable items still , like they were back in the 80's ?.

remember my metro needed them every other year to run reliably.

as above about HT leads - if yours are still original they may be a bit iffy - if they look cracked.

I used to use these inline bulb things to test HT voltages. was a pretty simple method.

are plug/caps/rotor/leads counted as consumable items still , like they were back in the 80's ?.

remember my metro needed them every other year to run reliably.

as above about HT leads - if yours are still original they may be a bit iffy - if they look cracked.

I used to use these inline bulb things to test HT voltages. was a pretty simple method.

Thnaks for all the suggestions guys. As for the Metro; well, that was based on the mini and i was a bit of a mini nut back in the day but they were never the most reliable of cars. None of my 1275GTs were ever reliable from one week to the next never mind a year.

Fantastic handling though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links