Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

55 Plate Rx300 Tailgate Rattle?

I have just bought a 55 plate RX300LE.

There seems to be a rattle from the rear tailgate area when driving (generally quiet on motorways), which I wouldn't expect from such a well built car!

Is this common? Can it be fixed?

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I've got a 2006 400H SEL with the same problem. I have sent my vehicle thrice to Lexus HedgeEnd (closest to me) without any joy. It is going back again in a couple of days. I was told by the Service Manager that they cannot hear anything in spite of me taking the technician on a road test. Let's see what can they do this time to fix it. Will keep you posted.

Just been investigating an odd rattle in the tailgate on my 57 plate 400h.

Sort of a creak rather than a rattle.

Turned out to be the little loadspace cover retaining mechanism.

If you dont latch it down manually, then the bootlid presses on them ( there are plastic lugs in the bootlid that press on the mechanism ) to stop the loadspace cover retracting while underway.

The mechanism creaked as the bootlid moved as you went over bumps.

I manually latched them down, and the noise has gone.

I will stick a small piece of felt on the boot lugs in time.

Worth checking...

Mike.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Mike, that was exactly what was wrong.

I took the car in past Lexus the other day, and the guy cured the problem in seconds!

Now that all is quiet again, I intend to have it converted to LPG as I did with my previous LS400.

I hope that the RX gives me as good service as my old LS did.

Goo luck with it.

Where are you taking it for its lpg? And what manufacturers kit ar they using? Andwhat are they charging?

Do take carewhere you take it, and make sure they tun it correctly.

The lexus engines are very sensitive to lpg, and you can run intoproblems witha badly set up kit.

Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links