Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have you ever driven a dangerous road?

Steve

I don't know if they could be described as dangerous, but some of the roads in the Troodos mountains of Cyprus were certainly pretty hairy. You're a long way up on some of those mountain roads, and the majority are extremely tight and twisty, with long drops on one side and big cliffs on the other.

In addition, anyone who has ever seen Rally Cyprus footage will know about the razor sharp rocks which lie on some of the roads there. While I was never crazy enough to drive on gravel-only roads, they also have a tendency to fall on the tarmac roads as well. In fact I had stopped at one point to take some pictures, when a car came around the corner in front of me and took a big rock right in the sump. It drove off around the next corner leaving a trail of oil - I ran around after them to see if they were OK, and they had stopped with no engine oil. It was a car with 'rental' license plates, but luckly they had a local with them. Of course there was no cellphone coverage anywhere either, so they were in for a long wait. They declined my offer of a ride back to civilisation though!

The roads in Cyprus weren't exactly helped by the rental car I was driving - a Chevrolet (Daewoo) Kalos, possibly the worst car I have ever driven!

There are a few back country roads in New Zealand which are also a bit nerve-racking as well...

Also once drove through a blizzard in upper New York state which was ... um ... interesting!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links