Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Cam Swap Help

Hi i was woundering the is300 has a bigger engine then the is200 but is the vvti engine the same with the cam's? my idea was to change the is200 cams for the is300 one's to increase performance in the power band. is this as simple as a straight swap over if so could you also use cams from the other lexus's? im looking to keep the lexus as lexus standard as possible by using other lexus parts but try to increase power/torque or just performance as much as i could without going forced induction. its a shame the is200 isnt as tunable as previous cars i have owned. also sillys qustion but i saw a tuning wizard £50 box that wires in to the fuel/air meter's it stats it can increase power the bit im interested in was it has a eco mode to help fuel economy does anyone know how this works and if it would be worth investing in just for the eco mode? thanks in advance.

Ps. im off to hose down the kids will reply to any reply in 15minutes :)

No you cant do that, 2 entirely different engines, IIRC the 1GFE only has one cam the 2jz has 2.

and dont waste your money on the tuning box. a camcon can help a little but only a few HP maybe 2-3.

Tuning is difficult without Forced induction im afraid. (or an engine swap)

No you cant do that, 2 entirely different engines, IIRC the 1GFE only has one cam the 2jz has 2.

and dont waste your money on the tuning box. a camcon can help a little but only a few HP maybe 2-3.

Tuning is difficult without Forced induction im afraid. (or an engine swap)

The tuning box i wasnt to bothered about the power gain i was more interested in the eco mode to save fuel. I just cant get my head around how it would work.

(sorry just relised camcon was cam conversion lol sorry)

I didnt know they were 2 different engine's i thought they both were twin cam for the VVTI to work. An engine swap is out of the qustion as for some reason the is200 is to expensive on insurance being double then what it cost me for my 1986 3.0 supra and having an engine swap would be to expensive.... in a perfect world i would like to hit around 180-200bhp with the standard engine then maybe after a year or so i might invest in a TTE supercharger kit when the insurance drop a bit.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links