Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Multiple Questions (New Owner) - Iphone/ Laser Jammers Etc.

Hi,

Just got mine and got tons of questions :)

If you can help with any it would be much appreciated, dont feel the need to answer them all!

1. Do someone have experience of www.vaistech.com and their ipod integration?

a. What version/ model do you have?

b. Can you recommend it? +/- ?

c. Did you install it yourself? And would you do it again or hand it in?

d. Is it overrated, better to just change tunes on your Iphone instead?

e. Where did you buy yours? Directly from www.vaistech.com?

.. or other similar product filling the same purpose?

2. Laser Jammers

a. Does anyone have/ use these and can you recommend getting one?

b. Is it worth the risc?

c. What model do you use?

d. Any particular installations tips? Did you do it yourself, who do you hand it in to - do regular shops install these normally?

3. Laser detectors,

a. Would you recommend getting one? Works good/ bad e.g.

b. What model do you have and recommend?

c. Do regular shops install these, or should you not even ask...

4. Others,

a. Any other suggestions for modifications for your Lexus IS F? (have a 2009 black)

Thanks! (^^,)

• 2 months later...

1) not sure

2) Not sure what you mean by a jammer, as they'd be deemed as perverting the course of justice. But I've seen some good automatic garage door/gate openers. Officer ;)

3) Relatively useless as once you hear the beep you've almost always been scanned already. GPS/Sat Nav of black spot areas is more usefull. Worth remembering that they can't just park up anywhere and get the laser out. There has to have been documented cases for choosing a location so they will generally just rotate between the same spots, so common sense, vigilance and a black spot reminder are the most useful tools.

4) Perhaps winter tyres at the minute :lol:

3) Relatively useless as once you hear the beep you've almost always been scanned already. GPS/Sat Nav of black spot areas is more usefull. Worth remembering that they can't just park up anywhere and get the laser out. There has to have been documented cases for choosing a location so they will generally just rotate between the same spots, so common sense, vigilance and a black spot reminder are the most useful tools.

Following that reply will this in the 'buy+sell' forum be of any use ? :shifty:

Talex lite for sale

TG

Apologies if that's not relevant. Just spotted the OP listed as non UK :blush:

Edited by TonyGoose

Following that reply will this in the 'buy+sell' forum be of any use ? :shifty:

Talex lite for sale

TG

'tis a bit of a bargain and probably as cheap as you'll find unless you've already got a tomtom/similar that you can update with the locations. Did this not also do quite well in Autoexpress or Evo reviews in the past? Words to a potential purchaser, it might look basic and be an "old" unit, but the database is the important part. And that' goes for any detector you look at really.

Alternatively, snooper or road angel do an Iphone app now which if free to download & use for 30 days then is subscription based after that. I think it might've got a fairly decent review in one of the motoring presses recently.

Going back to the jammer, I think they're marketed more as front parking aids now. Laser Star is supposed to be a good one.

EDIT:

FWIW, I had a road angel classic and a road angel 2 (or whatever it was called) both of which had the front & rear laser attachment and having driven past quite a few speed traps over the years I had them fitted, it never gave a laser alert once! Admittedly I wasn't speeding but they're supposed to pick up "scatter" from other people who might've been scanned and at a fair distance too, so either it didn't do anything or I always managed to drive past officers not doing anything.

What did set it off, however, was pressing the "track/fast forward" button from the Alpine stereo remote I had in my car :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links