Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Windows A Mind Of Their Own !

Hi all,

Well Im a recent owner of a 2007 year Lexus 220d. I have to say I'm loving it! But got a shock this week when I arrived back to my vehicle and to my horror ALL power windows were open fully ! This has to be a malfunction with the electric window circuit and or switch. Has anyone experianced this before ? Is it a known concern ?

I'm nervous now to leave it anywhere in public.

Any advice would be most welcomed.

regards

Skidpad, this has happened to me once and like you I was rather concerned. All I can think is that the unlock button on the electronic fob must have got pressed in my pocket for the 4-5 secs it takes to unlock and open the windows, if it is kept pressed.

Hope that helps.

Its happened to my wife once as well , being a woman she presses buttons hard and long ( all women seem to ? ) when I went out to get the car all the windows were open and I had the same feeling as you . :shutit:

Its happened to my wife once as well , being a woman she presses buttons hard and long ( all women seem to ? ) when I went out to get the car all the windows were open and I had the same feeling as you . :shutit:

This happened to me once. I was crawling around in the loft doing some jobs and when I went outside I noticed all the windows on my IS were wide open!

Needless to say I was not impressed.

Fortunately the car was going in for a service that week, so I got the dealer to disable this 'feature'.

Skidpad, this has happened to me once and like you I was rather concerned. All I can think is that the unlock button on the electronic fob must have got pressed in my pocket for the 4-5 secs it takes to unlock and open the windows, if it is kept pressed.

Hope that helps.

Fantastic mraines, that make me feel safe again, sorry for the delay in responding as I was away

cheers

Skidpan

Many thanks Gordi, feeling happy again

cheers

Skidspan

This happened to me once. I was crawling around in the loft doing some jobs and when I went outside I noticed all the windows on my IS were wide open!

Needless to say I was not impressed.

Fortunately the car was going in for a service that week, so I got the dealer to disable this 'feature'.

thanks for the reply dazed,

I'm lovin this forum now, great feed back

Cheers

Skidspan

it is perfect feature I use it everyday in hot summer to cool down before I enter the car...

Maybe, but it's not such a great feature when you leave your IS in the long stay car park at Heathrow for a month's holiday down under in the deepest, darkest, coldest, wettest part of winter and the junk in your wife's handbag presses against the key fob button for 5 seconds as she rumages around for her passport at the nearby bus stop....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links