Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering 'judder' Is200 2002

hi all

new member to this forum and new owner of a Lexus IS200 2002

can i ask a question for a problem that has arisen.

the steering seems to 'judder' when turning. this only seems to happen when the car is started from cold. this seems to clear by the time i've reached the end of the road.

any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

thanks in advance for any suggestions

terry

thanks for your prompt reply ICEMAN.

i'm no expert but i'm a fairly competent DIY enthusiast. is that something i could do myself? if so, would you have any links to a 'step-by-step' guide or something of that nature.

many thanks

power steering belts or i would change the power steering fluid :winky:

had the same proob with a is200 01 sport, that had sat up for a while, it was just the power steering belt you can just adjust or replace only few quid

thanks BLACKTAR

i've just bought the car and can confirm that the previous owner hadnt driven it for some months so the problem could be the same as yours. does that mean that the belt is slipping on the pulley which is making the steering judder? is it fairly simple to change the belt?

many thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links