Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On-Going Steering Issue

Fugu

Hey All,

As some of you may have seen I have been having the strangest issue with my steering, however after spending £445 on 2 new front wheel bearings and ball joints the car is dead quiet but still doing it's own thing when every now and again.

I took the girl out this morning for a test drive and found it is ridiculously sensitive when steering to the right and heavier when I turn Left! Literally if I move the wheel the car reacts instantly.

Now given the crown in the road, the car should naturally be easier to turn to the left not the right because its like sending the car over the tiniest of bumps! :crybaby:

I invested in a trolley jack, axle stands, wheel chocks and a wheeled trolley so i can get under nice an easy, does anyone have any recommendations on things I should be checking when I get under there.

Thank you for your help.

Oh dear, it turns out the "pulling to one side while accelerating" was down to the tracking, however with the car perfectly in tune I took to the motorway got to 70 and promptly had to slow down again.

talk about fed up! :tsktsk:

I have noticed an ever so slight knocking sound coming from the N/S/R... looks to be my next port of call.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links