Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have purchased a 220D SE-L ,I am very happy with the car generally.I Purchased the car after completing circa 300,000K in Toyota Avensis

With out missing a beat a saw the Lexus as the next step up.

A few questions that the dealers do not seem to be able to help me with are as follows

The Xenon headlights seem to stop dead on dipped beam fantastic for short distance but do no cover far enough ahead I find my self driving on main beam

It has been checked by a dealer and they advised that is how they are. They seem to lower even further on short declines.

1st to 2nd gear clunky if not changed very slow,is the problem the linkage or inside the gearbox would different oil make a difference.

fuel consumption I can not get even close the Avensis I had I could get 45/50 no matter how I drove them,I am struggling to get 40 at the moment and I am driving

It very carefully.

Spoke to the dealer about the above and they seemed to think this was the norm

Any view please

RGS Steve

Hi Steve

I experienced the same transition as yourself, going from a Toyota Avensis, which I had as a courtesy car which did 45-53 MPG to my IS220d sport which does between 38-45 ona run. You must remember that the IS220D is a heavier car so you won't get the same or close to the same MPG. If you look through this forum you will see a lot of comments on MPG but try to remember that you have brought a luxury car that has inherited its heart from the Avensis.

The main beam issue doesn't sound right, as my Xenon's light up the road ahead far enough that I don't need to put on the main beams and that's even in the dark Dorset countryside. I only turn them on if I want the road ahead to resemble Wembley stadium. I had the same issue in my ford ST and Ford sorted that out for me so go back to the dealer if you are unhappy.

The first and secondgear crunch is normal even in the late cars, (I had a 2011 courtesy car and it did it) so don't worry about that, some of them even crunch in 3rd gear, again lots of post in the forums in regards.

Other than the headlight issue enjoy your car and the excellent service you'll get from Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links