Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H - Low Fuel Warning (Or Lack Of..?)

Bought a 55 plate RX400h a few months back. Very happy overall but one niggle.

I was surprised to see that the only indicator of being low on petrol is a small orange bulb next to the fuel guage, with no chime to highlight or remind. In other makes/models there's a least been an audible warning as well. Seems bit odd to be so inconspicuous given the "low washer level" warning appears on the digital display, together with a chime and a red warning light, and can't be over-ridden until refilled.

I know running out of fuel is a crime for the RX400h so presumed the low fuel indicator would be much more obvious. I checked with Lexus and they say yes, the only indicator is a small silent light. Is that everyone else's experience too? I've seen some references to a 'fuel range' or mileage remaining display - is that just for the 350 model? Also I see that rather than being E for empty or O the fuel gauge has R for refil. Is the orange light only an advanced warning and something more noticable happens if I go below R?

Appreciate any other experiences/suggestions other might have.

David

Hi

As far as I know the only warning is the orange light coming on. I don't think it even flashes as a final warning when you are almost running on fumes as it used to in my company Vectra.

Just for interest see my random calculations regarding miles to empty at http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=60019&st=0&p=665250&hl=empty&fromsearch=1entry665250 but as I said on there "DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!!!!"

Happy hybrid motoring!

JBP

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links