Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible New Is200 Sport Owner

Volksdevil

How do,

I've been into cars in general since a kid, drove my first car (Dads Opel Manta GT/E) at the age of 12 on 'Spare' industrial estate land. Since then I've been through all sorts of motors, but mainly Vw. Have owned a few models inc Mk1 golfs, mk2 golfs, mk3 golfs, jettas, sportline cabriolet, a concours mk1 golf, Corrados (16v and G60's).

Fave car of all time is/always will be the Manta 400 :hehe:

Currently own a mk1 golf gti that ive had for over ten years although most of that time has now been spent as a bare shell awaiting a makeover, also have a Corrado G60 which i've had for 6 years, have been using it daily until recently. I need to take it off the road to give that a makeover too.

So hence why I'm here. :phone: Not a lot of modern cars really interest me, but i've always liked the look of the IS200 and ive been watching a few on eBay etc, and doing some reading up.

I love the idea of RWD (Grew up with it, and FWD is just wrong!) heated/electric seats and all the other toys. The two things that I found disappointing were the power/economy. I'm hoping that the drive quality/comfort/gearing etc make for a fun enough drive anyway? Is that the case? Are they fun to drive day to day and how economical can they actually be if you do make the effort to go steady?

I'm pretty much decided on a sport model if I do go for one with having the slippy diff etc.

Cheers, Neil.

Thanks for the welcome.

Any thoughts on the power/economy? Does the drive quality make up for it? Can they be economical enough if you go steady?

I've been really struggling for time to view any yet, but possibly going to see one this weekend. I will get pics thrown up as soon as I've found the right one. :hocus-pokus:

Neil.

EDIT: I've just seen this one on autotrader, but the body lines don't look right above the passenger headlight, I'm new to Lexus as I say but this isn't right is it?

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1891351945

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1891351941

Welcome !

Not interested in an IS300 saloon instead? Selling the wife's to get a GS ;)

Economy is actually really good with these engines. We use our mostly either on fairly short journeys or on mountainous roads and I tend to use its power well. Still, it does return an average of 26-27 mpg.

Thanks for that, I'm decided on an IS200 though (If i can actually get time to look at one!)

I've spotted one which is the colour I want, looks quite tidy but is around 2.5 hours away. I've called the guy (Small family run garage) and quizzed him on a few things.

There's no evidence of a cambelt change and the car has done 90K miles, from what I've briefly read on here it should be done at around the 60K mark? Is this a worry? Looking at pictures etc I believe it's a job I can do myself, but as a bargaining tool is it right that a Lexus garage would charge around £800-1K?! :msn-oh:

Apart from that...It sounds ok, two keys (Both three buttons), no wear on the drivers seat, good body etc.

Thanks, Neil.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links