Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Auto Oil Consumption

Hi all , im enjoying a quieter ride now that my naff Sunny front tyres have been replaced with the bridgestone re050's to match the rears - so what happens after that expense? The low oil warning comes up. In july '11 had the same happen. Topped up with about 1.5-2 litres back then. It had a full service and oil change previous november. So my question is is this normaL for a 250 auto? Btw what always amuses me is that when that vital fluid (oil) is getting low the warning pops up on the dash for a short time and then dissapears... However when the less important screen wash starts getting low the warnings are continuous badgering you into filling up. Drives me nuts! You dont get that when youre running out of Petrol either!

Our '07 IS250 has not required an oil top up between its yearly service but that only does around 7000 miles a year. Our '11 IS250 has done 7000 miles since September and hasn't required a top up either. So from my experience, I wouldn't say that it was normal.

My IS250 auto has done 60K miles (about 15K a year) and has never needed topping up between services (I actually check the dipstick at least once a month).

Admittedly, the level does fall a little during the 10K miles between services, but not enough to go below the minimum level indicator. I'd guess I'm probably burning about half a litre between services.

My IS250 auto has done 60K miles (about 15K a year) and has never needed topping up between services (I actually check the dipstick at least once a month).

Admittedly, the level does fall a little during the 10K miles between services, but not enough to go below the minimum level indicator. I'd guess I'm probably burning about half a litre between services.

Likewise.

Hmm interesting, thanks guys. Think ive covered about 4000miles since topping up last. I shall keep a closer eye on it, although it is slightly overdue for its 5 year service. Next question is whether or not to stick with lexus dealer or go independent. Cant quite decide _ have always been a main dealer sort but given the cars age and rather inflated lexus prices _ is it really worth it? Brakes will need doing too and a speed sensoer on rear offside wheel. Can i trust an independent to do this work?

Hmm interesting, thanks guys. Think ive covered about 4000miles since topping up last. I shall keep a closer eye on it, although it is slightly overdue for its 5 year service. Next question is whether or not to stick with lexus dealer or go independent. Cant quite decide _ have always been a main dealer sort but given the cars age and rather inflated lexus prices _ is it really worth it? Brakes will need doing too and a speed sensoer on rear offside wheel. Can i trust an independent to do this work?

Only you can decide.

Many years ago I used an Audi independent mainly because they were local, when I took the car for an MOT it failed. One of the four rubber mounted bolts securing the fuel pump was missing and had been replaced by a piece of wire. The only people to touch the car in the previous year had been the independent, they did eventually admit it saying they wanted to keep me on the road and when the replacement part arrived forgot to inform me.

Main dealers may be more expensive but I trust them more.

Yep you're right, even though the independent is a friend of family think id still trust the dealers more since always work on these cars... Almost decided.. the dealers location is also more convenient and would mean i dont have to waste a day off. decided . Better get the mortgage application in. Lol

Hi, mine is a 06 auto with 70k, my oil warning has never come on in between the 10k service. the last few years I've used my friends garage, someone that I trust, he did mention as long as lexus parts are used all warrenty will still be cover. But i think you should use a lexus dealer, cos I think you have a prob with the oil and they should be able to find the problem better , also you should get a coutersey car, ask if they got the 4x4 nice to drive for the day :)

Regards Brucie

HI. My 2008 IS250 has covered 87k. Since the 60k service I have had to top up the oil between services. Wouldnt worry too much about it. As the engine wears, it will be more inclined to use oil. Additionally, bargain hard with your dealer over servicing prices. They ae desperate for the business. I always end up getting about 20% offtheir initial price.

Well i'll get it booked in shortly (after payday) . With regard to haggling on price i dont fancy my chances..theres only the one dealer on Isle of Man. But i'll try for once. last years big service cost 400 quid. This time will be small service but front brakes and sensor need doing too. Will report back. Btw. Havent quite done 50k yet june 06 sel .mesa red.

Car booked in for friday - looks like costing about 750 +/- (And looks like an Aygo Courtesy car! wow) think this will be its last lexus service, (will have to keep it for another year at least though!)

UPDATE. Service done - nothing untoward to report :shifty:

Front brakes done - they feel much better :flowers:

New Speed Sensor done - cant tell obviously

BILL PAID £730 :msn-oh:

NEED NEW BACK TYRES AGAIN (AFTER 4k Miles) :msn-oh:

bloody hell.. Is this the true cost of Lexury?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links