Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carbon Fibre Cockpit Trim

I really dislike this new format as we do not appear to be able to search any further back than 2011, or is it me? Because if it's true then we will keep having the same subject material repeating ad finitum.

This carbon fibre overlay kit was discussed way back in 2006/2007 I think, when I posted almost the same question. From replies received it appeared that the overlay kits were only available for left hand drive models in the USA, although there was a protype right hand drive set that was put up for sale by one of the IS200 forum members who knew the guy manufacturing the overlays in the USA. To cut a long story short, I trial fitted the RH kit in my IS250 SE-L and wasn't happy with the kit as it's a thin overlay held on with 3M tape. Although the fit isn't too bad, the manufacturer recognised it wasn't going to be perfect so also provided black adhesive tape to camoflage areas where the original wood trim showed through.

Needless to say I didn't buy it, but it was puchased by another member ('Ashpilot' I believe) who later put it up back on sale on this LOC website.

The only other campany I know that sell carbon fibre products is Lems in Japan http://lems.ocnk.net/product/231 I wanted one for my manual car but I cant seem to find a manual version

Appears to be a much better product as they are replacement parts as opposed to overlays. Hate to think of the cost, especially with current exchange rates with the Yen.

Ashpilot did have his kit on eBay a few months ago, but i'm sure it didn't sell. It maybe worth searching for him on here and sending him a private message, he's a nice guy and will be keen to help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links