Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Baby Seats Fitting Into Is250

I own a 2008 IS250 and LOOOOVE it! I recently had my first child and the baby car seat we purchased does not fit well inside. (It also doesn't fit into her father's Infinit G35). Neither of us want to give up our beloved vehicles so does anyone out there know of any baby seats that would fit?

I own a 2008 IS250 and LOOOOVE it! I recently had my first child and the baby car seat we purchased does not fit well inside. (It also doesn't fit into her father's Infinit G35). Neither of us want to give up our beloved vehicles so does anyone out there know of any baby seats that would fit?

I assume that your difficulty is securing the seat into the rear passenger compartment. As a generaiisation, there are two ways of securing a child safety seat: firstly by using the existing seat belt over the safety seat and, scondly and if the car and seat are ISOFIX compliant, using the ISOFIX system. The latter uses "hooks' at the rear of the seat to clip round anchorage points at the rear of the passenger seat. I am pretty sure that your IS250 will have these anchorage points (my '09 model does) - there are two of them at the rear of the left and right hand seat backs and are hidden behind velcro-secured flaps. The ISOFIX system is by far the most safe and secure method. However, it can seem a bit fiddly, especially if the rear seats are not used much and the upholstery is still well "puffed up". The trick is to make sure that the ISOFIX hooks on the child seat are fully extended and, if it is adjustable, the seat is in the most upright position (ie. not reclining). Then, push the seat into the anchorage points in a slightl;y downward slant.

I myself have a Britax seat - they are not cheap but how much is a child's life worth? Britax have an interactive tool to help you chose what seat is best for you. The link is below..

http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/fit-finder/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links