Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 Gs300h strange vibration issue

Hi all.

I have a 2014 gs300h that is having a very odd sensation when driving. The best way I can describe it as an engine vibration/wobble  when driving. It feels like a pulley wobble and only occurs when driving.

The sensation is not transmitted to the steering at all but it's felt through the chassis, I have had the tracking done as well as a new set of Tyres to no avail.

There is a pulley to the right as you look at the engine bay that has a very little bit of play in it but I don't know if it's related. As a matter of interest what does that pulley drive?

I also noticed the heatshield is also loose put seems from what I have read is a design feature rather than an issue

This is driving me nuts at the moment so any help greatly appreciated.

Is this only at a specific speed or engine rpm? Always done it or just started?

There was an issue with the IS300h but haven't heard it affects the GS300h.

16 hours ago, brens-is200 said:

As a matter of interest what does that pulley drive?

Water pump

hi all

thanks fro the help. It's been ongoing for a while and i put it down to old tyres so i was hoping that new tyres would cure the problem but no joy. ther is no wobble at speed or under braking  and at lower speeds ( sub 50kph) its not an issue but is consistent  when up at 100-120kph, it really does feel like somewhere in the drivetrain/chassis something is askew.

I have read the link as poitned out by colinbarker and some of it is similar to my case so i need to contact my Lexus dealer and see if it apples or not.

Thanks once again

brendan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links