Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Adjusting Seat Height

Desmond

The 220D went in for service and Lexus Hull kindly lent me CT se-L for the day. Very nice, very easy to drive and I was quite impressed though the SE-L spec on the CT isn't quite as good as on the IS. One minor niggle for instance is that the usb socket isn't nicely hidden away so you can't leave an iPod out of sight in the centre console without trailing a giveaway wire to it. Maybe Bluetooth would work but I didn't have time to try it.

The thing that bothered us a bit though was the seat height. Neither of us are midgets but we couldn't see any of the bonnet. The passenger seat especially seems low. I guess it's to give more headroom but there didn't appear to be any height adjustment. A little disappointing too that the seats have only manual adjustment.

Have any of you CT owners noticed this? Am I wrong and did I miss something?

It's a cracking little car and I'd be interested in one but for that snag.

The premier has electric drivers seat but not the passenger. Does seem a bit churlish. On a selfish. Note I only sit in the drivers seat. Had the car a couple of months, done about 5000 miles. Really like the car and the mpg.

Thanks for that Reecey, I can well understand why you like the car. So did I, really nice to drive. Just a shame for a car in this price range that the seats don't go higher ........... or a pity we are not a bit taller so we could see over the top of all the black plastic! :D

Funnily enough, my base model SE-i with manually adjusted cloth seats does have height adjustment. I had assumed that the SE-L had the same seats with leather coverings. Perhaps I'm wrong. I am 6'2" and the SE-i suits me ok.

I had noticed that generally speaking the CT200 model range does seem to be errr. dare I say..... cost engineered. I wonder whether the factory ever considered fitting steel wheels to the base model? The other Lexus model ranges appear to be a bit less austere..... do the top of the range non CT models come with electrically adjustable seats throughout?

That's interesting. Do both seats have height adjustment and how do you do it? I never had time to really investigate so I'd be pleased to know.

The CT SE-L is manual for both front seats, the SE-L on the IS is electric full range adjustment as is the Advance. A bit naughty really.

The SE-i manual seat height adjustment is just a lever at the side of the seat which lifts up for raising and pushes down for lowering. Again, as if to endorse the difference between the trim levels, the base model has this adjustment on the drivers side only. ( despite this facility being available at minimal cost for the passenger since LHD base models will have an adjustable height seat on the left instead of the right.... I was surprised that it is cheaper to manufacture 3 models of seat rather than two-- non-height adjustable, height adjustable and electric) I still dont really understand why the top of the range premier model only has electrical adjustment on the right hand seat when it is so clearly available for the left hand seats in all the left hand drive cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links