Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1998 Windom Trc-off And Vsc

yang11

Hey there,

Could experts here please give me some info.

when I drove to work this morning on motorway, I used cruise control at 80kms/h, and accelrated a little bit to 90kms/h. then I noticed on the dash board, the TRC-OFF and VSC lights are on.

I tried to use TRC button to change it, nothing happen. the road is little slippery because of rain and its up-ramp. what does this mean?

when I went home after work, I tried cruise again, its normal.

another thing is my temp indicator can show outside temp. it wont show internal temperature unless I turn on the air-conditioning. Is this normal?

if it is something wrong with thermo, is it hard to fix? could this related to car computer control system?

those little things make me worried.

the car itself is very smooth, and powerful.

any comments welcome.

Cheers

Mike

Hi

best thing is to keep trying the same thing and see if the Traction control light still appears.. if not then it was probably a one off... nothing really to worry about... perhaps the sensor.

• 5 months later...

Hi Mike,

Very late reply, sorry, I just joined this forum today. My car exhibits the same problems but it's very occassional and seemed to happen only when the engine was cold and the light would go out by just turning the ignition off and on again (re-starting the car). Has happened to me about 5 times. Any known cure?

kieron

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Mike,

Very late reply, sorry, I just joined this forum today. My car exhibits the same problems but it's very occassional and seemed to happen only when the engine was cold and the light would go out by just turning the ignition off and on again (re-starting the car). Has happened to me about 5 times. Any known cure?

kieron

I have a 300 ES that has the engine light come on every now and then as well. Mostly when it is around 0 degrees outside. I had it checked by a garage (not a dealer) and they said the engine light came on because the engine must have knocked. Anyway the light is on and off all the time, the car runs perfectly though. Any advise? Today the track off light also came on, so I have both at the moment.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links