Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still running my Mk4 lpg limited edition 'shabby' version, which I purchased June 2011. More faults than I have bandwidth but surprisingly passed it's mot with no advisories last September. Still not fixed my 5th gear or oxygen sensor, this month maybe. Replacing the aerial was 'king epic and involved stripping down the motor. It lasted 2 weeks and I'll be doing it again this weekend.

Bizarrely, my permanent 'headlamp levelling' fault, which fortunately is not an MOT failure, has today stopped. I no longer get the warning on the dash and that bloody annoying permanent red light. I'm taking odds on either it's fixed itself (100 to 1) or the sensor that senses the sensor is now also buggered (101 to 1 on). Might get the wife to jump up and down in the boot when it gets dark and see what happens. Never a dull moment with this car but lovely on the motorway, even in fourth and with the cost of LPG getting silly. Nick.

More bizareness, my headlamp levelling fault has returned, but not fully, or perhaps it has. Starting the engine and turning the lights on, the lights dip, raise to normal and then the headlamp levelling faults bings and the warning comes on the dash, as it always has done since I've owned the car. Fine to drive, just no automatic dipping with a heavy load, not an MOT fail and an annoying fault light on the dash.

However, now after about 10 seconds the headlamps dip further and go into superdip heavy load mode and the dash fault light goes out! Crap to drive with in the dark, but no warning light on the dash.

Your thoughts would be interesting. Suspect that I need to get this looked at for the MOT. Only thing that has changed recently was a complete set of four new tyres last week (£264, Micks Tyres, Mansfield), doubling the value of the car. Now, where's that hammer....Nick

I'm not sure if this is the problem you have but I've heard other members talking about a linkage by the rear wheels that breaks and causes headlight levelling probs.

As your wheels have been off recently it might be the problem if it was damaged or dislodged.

Apparently it's a cheapish fix and I'm sure it was recently mentioned in another thread. I'm using my phone at the moment so can't search for you but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable members can help.

Good luck.

Ditto the above. There should be a sensor (potentiometer connected via a rod to the suspension arm) on one front leg and one tear leg. They do corrode/break. As above, the car being jacked up and the suspension ending up at full extension may have changed or compounded the issues.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links