Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Buy - Few Questions

Hi all,

I have just gone for my first test drive of a IS250 F-Sport auto - awesome car! However, the cost is a little higher than I was originally wanting to pay. I was wondering if there are any good buyers guide for these cars (couldnt see one on this website)?

Also, the dealer (who was fantastic btw!) found a IS250 SE-i for a little less (both cars had the full maps). Whats the main difference in them? I take it its all cosmetic - bodykit and sport seats, or is there other things too? Would the F-Sport be quite good for long drives (might have to do a fair few drives from Bristol to Perth in Scotland - about 500miles)?

Are Lexus dealers good with proper deals? I am wanting to trade in my 10plate DS3 as part-ex. What should I ask for when getting either of these cars?

Thanks guys, and no doubt I will be on here plenty asking way more questions!

Hi and welcome to LOC

As you have already noted, the IS 250 is a great car. The main difference between the SE-i is that the F Sport has the following over the SE-i

MY2010 F -Sport

Electric memory pack including steering column, mirrors (which also dip on reverse) memory front seats, driver recognition .

HID headlights with Active Front Lighting (turn with steering wheel)

IS-F sports seats, steering wheel and shift knob

18" 'Hoshi" wheels

IS-F rear spoiler and front grill

If it comes with full map then it will have the full multimedia system with the Mark Levinson stereo

Sport pedals

Half leather seats with Alcantara instead of the full leather on the SE-i. You also loose the ventilated function on the front seats

Auto dimming rear view mirror and wing mirrors

Auto wipers

MY2011 F Sport as above over the SE-i with exception of the following

HID Headlights with LED day light running lights but no AFS

No memory package so you loose the electric steering column and dipping wing mirrors on reverse as well as the memory seats an driver recognition

Full map nav only and no Mark Levinson stereo

10 Spoke F Sport specific 18" alloys

F Sport front spoiler

Sport suspension but the ones I have driven feel like my SE-L with out sport suspension??

I think the Auto dimming rear view mirror and wing mirrors were delete as well?

I purchased my 2011 SE-L from a Lexus in Nottingham for a great price and they also threw in the F Sport front spoiler, the GAP insurance and 1 years road tax before I even asked. So there are deals to be made.

Hope this helps. I think the spec are fairly accurate but I am sure someone will correct me if im wrong

awesome! Thanks for that!

Well decided to take the plunge and ordered a 2011 IS250 F-Sport in blue with full maps system. Got a pretty good deal, and I cant compliment Glasgow Lexus enough so far! Been dealing with Matthew there and he has been a champ! I was quite impressed on the fact that my misses and I rocked up in scabby clothes (fleese, jeans and knakard old shoes) in my DS3 that hasnt seen clean water in months and he was out within 2 mins to see if we needed any help. And not in the "get lost" help either!

Getting the car next week (the particular car is located down in england) so had to pay £500 depotist with another £500 when it arrives. Driving to Bristol the day after I collect it so should be a good test drive!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links