Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2Jz Gte Swap

h89mps

I've currently been looking into buying an IS (first generation). Now what I really want is a 2JZGTE in one. This has been done numerous times in the US, but I've only heard of been done once in the UK. Now I've sent out emails to reputable Supra tuners and they either haven't replied or they've said they haven't done it before.

Is there any reputable tuner in the UK that can do this swap?

What would it be best to start off with? (IS200 or the IS300)

And roughly how much would it cost to get this swap done? (Parts, engine & labour)

The reason the swap have been done in the US is because it is a IS300. It is abit longer that the IS200 and it have engine mount, gearbox mount, driveshaft, gearbox etc already matched for the 2JZ-GTE. Because it runs with a 2JZ-GE from stock.

Making the swap in a IS200 is abit of a job. You would have to make custom mounts for the engine and gearbox, custom driveshaft/spacer, custon exhaust, and i believe the intake has to be modified so it doesnt hit the firewall.

But that is the easy part, the hard part is to get the wiring harness set up with the stock harness.

I've actually heard even with the IS300, the engine mounts, gearbox mount, gearbox, driveshaft and ecu would need to be changed. If all that's going to be done there isn't going to be much difference in me buying an IS200 is there, it will be a lot more cheaper.

No it will not if you want the conversion you'll have to give thor racing a ring and ask them why:

like it was said before: the gearbox of the 2jz-ge mates up perfectly on the 2jz-gte apart from that

the wiring loom could be adapted as for an IS 200 everything needs to be removed and changed.

Also the 2jz-ge in the is300 can be upgraded to 2jz-gte ( meaning changing the head,add the turbo,changing the fuel pump, add the extra ecu, beaf up the gearbox and the diff, then get the lot set up properly by adding a stand alone ecu to deal with the engine management) saving you lots of money in the process.

and there is also the option of a hybrid turbo conversion on the 2jz-ge ( even cheaper then process stated above but most things i pointed out have to be realised to have a reliable car)

keep in mind that i left out a-lot of things that have to be done just to get the 2jz-gte to run properly just to give you an idea of the actual work that has to be done to make for a reliable daily ride.

It wouldn't surprise me if you got quoted 10 grand for the engine swap or even more.

and that's why getting a IS300 is your best option

But if you insist of gettig an IS200 Thor racing also provide LSV8 conversions ( meaning you can get any LS engine installed as they do supply the conversion kit -they created- it giving you HP in excess of 400 BHP at the wheels engine code for lexus v8's is 1uz-fe- the first number could be 2 3 or 4 as they have evolved through the years but all of them can be installed as the base and engine mounts are al the same)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links