Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is My Lexus Dead?

looney legs

hi guys i recently baught a lexus is200 sport i think it is lol :geek: the head gasket went but my partner has now fixed that problem,the problem i have now is she is not running right,i baught a new coil pack but as you lexus owners know they need six coil packs,we put new one in and another has gone my car is realy ill i think or is it a common fault? somebody please help me this car is baffeling my head :megaangry: and driving me bonkers i miss driving her so much

After the HG replacement I would recheck the cambelt is timed up correctly and then pull the diagnostic codes to see if anything flags up.

If you get fault codes come back with them.

right i now have a little more info on this car now,we have put 2 new coil packs on her and all new spark plugs,when she is cold she runs like a dream as sooooooon as she warms up she starts gurgling and missbehaving,please please can sumone please try and help me asap as i am very close to puting a hammer to her and i dont want to do that as i really love my car its just sooooo frustrating :devil:

hi steve i have come up with a fault code it is p1325 manufacture spesific. my partner put his diagnostic on the car and that is what it is coming up with,any ideas please :eerrrmm:

Hi

A google search says that fault code is related ignition coil number 6,

http://my.is/forums/...es-list-326733/

it could be working fine when cold but breaking down when the car has been running, then it will probably run ok again when you leave it to cool.

hth

Alan

Good diagnostics Alan, coil packs can become thermally sensitve and if they weren't carefully removed and stored correctly during the HG replacement and could have been damaged.

I know these are expensive but normally they are replaced as a full set of six.

You could switch number six with one of the new ones and then recheck the fault code to see if it has followed the faulty one to it's new position. But make sure you clear the codes before doing it or you may have two codes.

BTW have you bought OEM ones for the two already replaced?

they were meant to be expensive but i found a company that do them new for 30 quid plus vat with a year guarantee if anyone needs their no i will happily give it as you have all been very kind a helpfull to me,thanks so much,and my partner is now trying what you sugested steve i will keep you all informed :flowers:

well it looks as if i have to buy another 4 coil packs but hey at least i found them cheap lol,when i recive them i will let you guys know if it solved the problem.And i am so glad i found this web site you have all been so helpful and i recomend this site to all. :flowers: and THANKS again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links