Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First of all, thank you for the wealth of information on this forum which was very useful in securing my first LS430.

I bought privately a 2006 model with FLSH plus 4 months Lexus warranty remaining and 50000 miles on the clock. Despite having read the instruction book, I find the array of functions mind boggling!

Anyway, I wanted to know if there is a set measurement that I can use to determine whether or not the car is riding a little high on the front? The ride seems fine but despite running in sport setting, the gap between the top of the front wheel and the wheel arch seems larger than I would expect.

Front offside tyre is well worn on inside despite plenty of tread on rest of tyre.

,The mot threw up brake pads worn 80% and front discs should be replaced despite looking fine to me with no "lip" to speak of. No really noticeable judder evident. Also one of the back boxes is "leaking gases" and that replacement is £460 odd so I am considering replacing both with stainless steel alternatives which seems to be a more cost effective option. Wheels could do with a refurb too.

She is certainly an awful lot of car for the money and the silent ride is sublime.

Thanks again.

JB

First of all, thank you for the wealth of information on this forum which was very useful in securing my first LS430.

I bought privately a 2006 model with FLSH plus 4 months Lexus warranty remaining and 50000 miles on the clock. Despite having read the instruction book, I find the array of functions mind boggling!

Anyway, I wanted to know if there is a set measurement that I can use to determine whether or not the car is riding a little high on the front? The ride seems fine but despite running in sport setting, the gap between the top of the front wheel and the wheel arch seems larger than I would expect.

Front offside tyre is well worn on inside despite plenty of tread on rest of tyre.

,The mot threw up brake pads worn 80% and front discs should be replaced despite looking fine to me with no "lip" to speak of. No really noticeable judder evident. Also one of the back boxes is "leaking gases" and that replacement is £460 odd so I am considering replacing both with stainless steel alternatives which seems to be a more cost effective option. Wheels could do with a refurb too.

She is certainly an awful lot of car for the money and the silent ride is sublime.

Thanks again.

JB

Hi

Have a look at the on-line service manual at http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/LS_01-06/contents/index.html

use Internet Explorer and be patient.

In the 'Repair Manual' section look under 'Service Specifications - Suspension and Axle - Service Data' and take your measurements with the car on a level surface and with the engine running.

If your front brake pads are 80% worn, change them as soon as you can. If you leave them until the wear sensor activates, you will have to replace the sensor as well and that costs more than the pads! The tiny stainless steel clip that holds the wear sensor to the brake pad also needs to be replaces as it is not reusable.

John N

Thank you John.

I will take some measurements over the weekend although if anything was radically wrong , I expect Lexus dealer would have mentioned it during the MOT.

Thanks again.

Jerome

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links