Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grom Usb Into Is200

Hi all....thinking of the Grom option to rectify my deaded top load OEM cd changer...but worried about wiring instructions as the socket i think the grom goes into (remote cd player??) has 2 wires into it already which seem to control the volume ?????. Am i being a bit dense or is this how it should be.....any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!

I have a brand new grom that has never been used along with the Iphone cable and Bluetooth microphone. Still in the wrapper if you are interested? In total it cost me £170 from eBay..

It is easy to install and works on all the top leader stereos. You unplug everything and connect a cable to the spare socket in the back of your stereo. Press CD and it will play all audio from your Iphone.

Hi Mate,

I put one of these in my IS200 2 years ago, it is DEAD EASY, just make sure you tape all around the area as not to mark the dash, there is no wiring, just plug it in the back !!!! and I have no electrical experience. Go for it

As above, very easy to fit, one plug and your good to go!

It the best upgrade for the std stereo with out replacing the head unit.

No loss of sound quality at all.

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow Leuxs fans,

I am in a bit of a quandry and was looking for advice. I have recentley purchased my second IS200 having decided to try Land Rover Freelander, great in snow but not much fun in summer. In the Land Rover i had Hafords fit the Parrot MKI9200 or whaever it was called,

Now that I got a strong urge to buy another Lexus I would like to have the same parrot kit fitted in my new car, however after getting a quote from Hlafords for £250 +, £149 for the kit - £76 for the wiring loom, due to my lexus having an amp and then to top it off £30 for fitting it in the car.

Having reading this website i understand there is an alternative to this, a Grom Audio

I would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction as all i want in my car is a Bluetooth handsfree kit, one without one of them ear phone things and a USB port for music.

Thanks in advance

Gaz.

P.S This is the first time i have actually posted on the site, I hope i have done it right if not apologies. :hehe:

Two companies do what you're after - Grom (based in the US) and xCarLink (based in the UK, North London I think)

Both offer little black boxes that attach the external CD changer port on the back of the stock IS headunit, and allow varying connections (depending on the spec of the box you purchase) - which range from simple AUX audio input (3.5mm headphone socket type), USB (for connecting a flash drive or similar), iPhone/iPod, or SD card. Both have upgrade kits to add Bluetooth for handsfree, so that like the parrot kit, the call audio comes out your car's speakers, and you get a little mic so the other person can hear you.

I've just fitted a Grom iPod adapter box into my IS, and I don't have the Bluetooth upgrade kit, so I can't comment on how good it is or not, but as far as everything else goes, it's so simple to fit and use, and the audio quality is great.

One thing worth noting though. From what I've read in the Grom instruction manual (and I'd have to assume the xCarLink is the same, since everything else about them appears to be more or less identical) is that when using the AUX line in (3.5mm headphone type), getting a call with the Bluetooth kit does not override the audio from your music player. You'd need to manually pause your device otherwise you'd hear the music playing through the speakers while on the call. The Parrot kit overrides everything (I have on in my work van - when a call comes in, all music, no matter what source; CD, radio, or AUX line in, is overridden and the only sound from the speakers is the call in progress). But if you are using the USB, SD card, or iPod ports, then the call should suspend these, until you are done with the call.

Hi Gary, I have a brand new grom for sale. It includes both the ipod/iphone connector and a Bluetooth dongle w/mic. It was a costly mistake that cost me £170 - I am looking to get £100 for this all in if your interested? I have pictures of it here: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=78109#entry783760

Call me on 077.900.2000.2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links