Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is250 Owner

Mr_grinche

Hi Guy's,

this is my first post on the forum. I am a converted BMW driver that has been there and done that with the marque over the past 22 years, having had 3 series, 5 series M3's and M5 over those years. Sadly my circumstances have now changed and I find myself with a limited budget in this economic downturn. No more new cars for me so I am being careful and methodical in my choice of car. This has culminated in my purchase of a 07 IS250 Executive with 2 careful owners and 67,700 Miles (109,000 Kms). Because of my budget though this was a private purchase which is something I would normally steer clear of as I like to have my cars perfect. I paid €7800 for the car which would fetch €11000 at a main dealer.

The car has not seen a Lexus dealer since it was PDI'd in August 2007 but there is a form of service history in that every 18000 it was serviced by a tyre centre in Dublin where I live as it was a company car.. God only knows what it got or didnt get but the car seems to run well so must have been lubricated in some way. So what I need to do now is clean it up a little, the driver was a smoker and a coffee drinker as the carpets are manky dirty and need a valet which it will get on Saturday. Anybody have any idea how to get cigarette smoke smell out of the car? There is also a vile smelly sock type smell which I imagine is the pollen filter thing not being changed. There is a nokia car kit I need to get taken out as it is bolted to the trim, there is a Bluetooth Nokia car kit that works which is a bonus. I have noticed an irritating rattle from the dashboard that is frying my brain also, anyone any idea what this could be? The car came with parking sensors but they dont seem to work as I am told to clean sonar on the rear left, I must have a look at this and see can I get it to work, anybody any ideas The wheels are in tatters and need to be fully refurbed they are all blistered and corroded which is a disgrace that a premium manufacturer would put second rate alloys on there cars, is it better to do this or just buy a new set of allioy's?Also there seems to be Xenon lights on the car and one of the light washer caps is missing. Other than these nigels it seems to be in good nick.

I called the dealer in Dublin and they have quoted me €350 for a full service, €200 for a rear parking sensor, €35 for the plastic cap for the wash system in the bumper (Painted). I have been quoted €400 to refurb the alloys. and €149 for a full valet. Am I mad bringing it to a main dealer? my thinking is that they will give it software update and look after recall stuff that wont have been done on this car and that at least I will be starting from a place I am happy with as this car has to do me for at least three years. What are members thoughts on this and I hope I havent made you bored?

Grinche

Hi and welcome.

Don't know much about the 250 but a well known problem with Lexus alloys is they corrode. There are many threads on here about corroding alloys. Most are changed under warranty after 2 or 3 years, sounds like yours were not if their that bad. Mine are 2 years exactly since last re-furb and a starting to blister again slightly. It's a very annoying problem that you would have thought Lexus would have solved by now!

If it were me as I don't know anything about the car I would probably pay the dealer service just this once to sort everything out and get it back to how it should be.

Got my car back today with the alloys just refurbed, I have to say they did a good job on them, only guaranteeing them for 6 months mind so it will be interesting to see how long I get out of them before corrosion comes back. I think I need to seal them and get them waxed up to protect them further.

Anybody know what sort of a service has to be done on one of these at 67000 miles? Does the Cambelt have to be changed around this time?

good news is new Lexus engines have chain driven cams not belt so cam belts wont need touching for the life of the engine but make sure good clean engine oil is always used. I think water pumps and drive belts will still need replacing at some point so if unsure its been done by prevoius owner have both inspected at lexus and they can advise if they need doing or not.

good news is new Lexus engines have chain driven cams not belt so cam belts wont need touching for the life of the engine but make sure good clean engine oil is always used. I think water pumps and drive belts will still need replacing at some point so if unsure its been done by prevoius owner have both inspected at lexus and they can advise if they need doing or not.

Thanks for that puts my mind a little more at rest I must get it in next week to get it sorted

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links