Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having Trc Issues

Shreksta

I've checked lights in dash and found engine light bulb bust so replaced it to find afterwards it is also on. So have trc light flashing and engine light on. Seems to run well and no signs of engine missing etc so unsure on issue. Garage could not connect computer as it would not connect. It's a v reg and was imported to uk by Toyota from new

You'll need to get it to a garage that can connect. You need an OBDII Reader to read the codes. Most garages should be able to do this otherwise buy yourself a reader from eBay for about £20-30 quid. There's a list of codes on this forum when you have them, just search for it.

Otherwise a trip to a Lexus or Toyota dealer will set you back about £50 for them to read it but the advantage of that is they'll tell you exactly what's wrong with it.

Yeah it's easy. But you don't want to do that as the codes will be erased. Although if the fault is there the lights will prob come straight back on. If the ECU is not registering a fault after the light comes on then the lights turn themselves off after starting the car 3 times and then stores the codes as history.

For example I had a leaky fuel injector which would cause the car to run on once every 3-4 weeks or so. The ECU would then register a misfire and next time I started the car the engine light would be on and TRC flashing. When I turned the ignition off and on again 3 times the lights would go out and the ECU would store the misfire code as history not present. if the fault was there permanently then the lights would not have gone out.

To reset either disconnect the Battery for about 30 or so minutes or remove the ECU fuse for a bit. This will reset the ECU.

Honestly I suggest you get the codes before you reset. It will also give you an insight to the history of the car and what went wrong with it before :)

• 1 month later...

It's registering a fault then. You need to get a proper diagnostic done. It's your only next step option. My advice is take it to Lexus. It's £50 which is steep I know but for that they'll tell you exactly whats wrong, what code it's giving and what you need to do to resolve your problem. Your under no obligation to get them to carry out the work, you can just say thanks and walk out and get it done cheaper by an independent. Take a quote from them tho as I found them to actually be very competitive.

If its an old code then it wouldn't make the light come on and it would be stored as history on the ECU.

The light only comes on when the ECU registers a current fault. Also if the fault isn't detected after turning the engine off/ on 3 times then the light goes out by itself and stores the code as history.

Unfortunatly if your light is on permanently then it's still registering a fault.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links