Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Running Boards / Side Steps.

Hey there,

Just got a RX400H 2008 and I'm looking at some running boards / side steps to fit to help my children get in and out of the car. Has anyone fitted some and if so what type did they go for.

Curretly looking at these:

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/lexus-rx400h-stainless-steel-and-aluminium-side-steps

Any help or information will be gratly appreciated.

It is purely a subjective view but they are ugly in the extreme and certainly do not enhance the car. How old are you children that they cannot get in?

Thanks for you view but my personal opinion is that they look good and add a little bit extra to the car. My kids are young (1 at toddler age and one a little younger) and can get in the car with assistance from myself but this will obviously make it easier for them especialy when they get a little older.

As you originally said each to their own.

Thanks again for your view and I hope that all is good.

I have side bars fitted on my RX300. I must admit, they are not the prettiest of things to put on a Lexus, but these have saved me £100's if not £1000's in repairing dents and dings from those inconsiderate sods in car parks who swing their doors open without thinking of the car next to them. As you said, each to their own !!! Cheers PS: if and when I upgrade to a RX400h, I will be transferring them over, as they fit both the 300 and 400h :whistling:

post-33792-0-18580700-1349105659.jpg

I have side bars fitted on my RX300. I must admit, they are not the prettiest of things to put on a Lexus, but these have saved me £100's if not £1000's in repairing dents and dings from those inconsiderate sods in car parks who swing their doors open without thinking of the car next to them. As you said, each to their own !!! Cheers PS: if and when I upgrade to a RX400h, I will be transferring them over, as they fit both the 300 and 400h :whistling:

Cheers for that, I think they look good; a little bit of bling lol. Can you remeber where you got them from as there doesn't seem to be too many to choose from out there.

Thanks again

There are plenty out there, especially on eBay. I got mine from www.bullbars.nl in Holland, due to the fact that I wanted thick tubular side bars (with no step inserts) so that they are in proportion to the car (not sure if they are still trading, as their website does not come up). I did not require to get a set that helped people into the car, mine are totally for the protection which I mentioned earlier. But I must say, the side steps mentioned in this thread look quite good. Depends what you want I suppose. !!

there are at least five different types on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...e bars&_sacat=0

Currently the same item as in your example is auctioned here:

http://www.ebay.co.u...c#ht_500wt_1203

Cheers for that, I had seen some of them but not as many when I did my search. Food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted them to my 05 RX400h a couple of years ago without problem, as it has been said it is a matter of personal taste. Got them from direct4x4 but got the all black type (B88LEX400/H100502) because that was all they did then, although I think I would have got them over the Event type anyway, but that might depend on the colour of the car :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links