Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member And Question About Telephone Connection

Steverally

Hi, I've just joined, having yesterday collected a CT200h SE- L Premier in Mica Artic Pearl from Lexus Leeds. I'm not new to hybrids having swapped my Prius T Spirt which I've owned for nearly 3 years, so was always going to stick with this technology - whether it be another Prius or the Lexus.

Wow, first impressions, fantastic car, yes, better quality than the Prius, but not as many gizmo's

I'd like to say great service from all the dealer personnel at Lexus Leeds, confirmed I'd made the right choice, but I had no complaints about my Toyota dealer.

Now the question about my phone, It worked perfect in the Prius, but in the Lexus I cant get the contacts to transfer.

Phone has 'paired' and connected to the car but when I try and transfer my phonebook, the Nav screen says operate phone, but theirs nothing to activate the phone.

My Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Young.

I can download the contacts via another older phone, but when i reconnect the samsung, they're not accessible.

Anyone offer any help or even another method to get contacts transferred.

Thanks, Steve

Hi, I've just joined, having yesterday collected a CT200h SE- L Premier in Mica Artic Pearl from Lexus Leeds. I'm not new to hybrids having swapped my Prius T Spirt which I've owned for nearly 3 years, so was always going to stick with this technology - whether it be another Prius or the Lexus.

Wow, first impressions, fantastic car, yes, better quality than the Prius, but not as many gizmo's

I'd like to say great service from all the dealer personnel at Lexus Leeds, confirmed I'd made the right choice, but I had no complaints about my Toyota dealer.

Now the question about my phone, It worked perfect in the Prius, but in the Lexus I cant get the contacts to transfer.

Phone has 'paired' and connected to the car but when I try and transfer my phonebook, the Nav screen says operate phone, but theirs nothing to activate the phone.

My Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Young.

I can download the contacts via another older phone, but when i reconnect the samsung, they're not accessible.

Anyone offer any help or even another method to get contacts transferred.

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to the club......................nice car too!!!

Have a look here to see if you can get a little more help http://www.lexus.com/bluetooth/

Hello and welcome to the LOC and congratulations on your CT200 purchase, I test drove one in the summer and was impressed with the performance, interior was a little too plastic looking to me but I'm biased with the LS400s wood trim.

Sorry can't help with the phone problem sounds like a compatability issue some where.

Thanks Geoff,

Like on the Toyota Prius forum, knew someone here would have info to help.

From the link you provided I did manage to find which buttons to press on my phone to enable contacts to be transferred one at a time.. atleast it saved a lot of typing. Can't do a bulk transfer.

Regards,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just joined. Hope the following is of use to you.

Had horrible probs transferring bulk contacts or even single contacts to my 2007 model. Tried an Iphone but was advised by all that the Iphone, whatever model, will NOT work. It pairs and works well in the car, just zero contacts.

Transferred all my contacts from the Iphone to an old Nokia E65 (2006-7 vintage) and all worked fine - even bulk transfer. In the car, I switch back to the Iphone and everything works - both making and receiving call.

Seems that Lexus (at least, my 2007 model) will not "pull" your contacts, you have to "push" them. Hence, you need a phone with the ability to SEND contacts, either one-by-one or bulk. With the Nokia E65, I "marked all" and selected SEND by Bluetooth when the Lexus prompt during TRANSFER appeared. Note, the phone disconnects during TRANSFER, but re-connects during SEND.

Worked for me a treat - hope others are as successful.

Regards, Malcolm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links