Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there,

Help please.....

I have a stunning 450h with 18" stock alloys but unfortunately the paint is starting to peel off one of them.

Are they easy to get powder coated and can the chrome inserts be taken off to accomplish this?

Does anyone know a good outfit in the North West that can refurbish them to a high standard?

Appreciate any advice.

BR

SO.

I don’t know of anywhere in your area to get your wheels refurbished, but the chrome inserts can easily be removed by undoing to small nuts from the back of the wheel.

You may have to get them all done as it may be difficult to get a exact colour match.

Cheers for the info Chris and I seem to remember that my alloys had the same problem on a new IS200 that I had for less than two years!

Agree and I might just do them all anyway if the price is not too steep.

If anyone knows a good powder coating company in the North then that would be appreciated.

This 450h is just over 3 and a half years old and you would have thought that the finish would have lasted longer.

Call your Lexus dealer first. If your wheels are flaking due to corrosion then you should be entitled to brand new wheels under warranty or if not corroded you might be entitled to a refurb. Cant hurt to try.

They will want to see the car and take photos to send to Lexus UK with their report and the decision will be made there. All depends how bad your wheels are in their opinion.

Hi, a few pitfalls here, if you have TPS it can be tricky removing the valves if you want the alloys properly done ie shot blasting before powder coating. Huge costs if the valves snap! My plastic mid spokes also looked awfull but my sprayer went over them with emery paper as it was only the lacquer lifting,now polished they look pretty good, I was going to replace them all till I reliased they are £32 each +VAT X20 which means you have £930 worth of plastic on all 4 wheels before any valves snap! Can be a very expensive refurbishment if it goes wrong. I did get a exchange price for wheels from Lexus but they did not know if the plastic spokes came with the new rims.

I agree its best to contact your dealer 1st even if they offer a price share.

Good luck Tony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links