Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Srt Intake For Is300

panya

Ok guys ....this topic will only apply to is300 owner , I just wondering hav anybody hav fitted srt intake in they car? , I knw been a lot in US posts bout this, so just wanna knw anyone in UK try this intake ?

dont have one fitted to mine but they meant to be good. most guys on the US forumns have them fitted and for 22BHP gain its not bad but am not liking the price tho $600. I have an Apex'i high flow filter didnt want to run a cone type filter due to heat soak when engine is running hot as that could reduce power rather than make more power so kept the factory air box and went with a dry panel filter instead.

http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=2

Hi palmi g, how do u connect the unichip that come with the intake , I knw it's do come with instruction but how easy really that is...and im not very gd with electrical stuffs, so I don't really want to touch it!!. I am currently hav k&n intake with aluminium pipe it's sound answer every time I go over 4000 rpm , just so addictive lol , anyway I really wanna get a srt intake , so 600 dollar price that is not a issue for me , only problem is just chip that come wit it!

they come with instructions.

You either solder or crimp few wires and you are good to go.

Thing that is actually making the power is this chip that comes with intake. It´s a A/F mixture controller similar to Apexi SAFC. It just dont have any adjustment options, parameters are already set. That justifies the price also

I must admit that the K&N is ssssoooo addictive indeed! just a pain to clean every now and then :(

Usually a piggy back ECU ... add on from what I have been reading connects between a couple of sensors plugs and the ECU... so it tricks the ECU with values. But never seen an instruction manual for it.

IMG_20120709_134008.jpg

So from what I understand just had a look of the SRT kit... never done before :)

It is exactly the same with the K&N Typhoon kit... the only different is the "chip" for the ECU. It does not go on the intake it self in any way right?>

Hey palmi g , it's that possible to have a look at ur intake , I wanna compare with my k&n one , and where did u go ur srt kit from , did u got directly from srt ? Btw nice and clean engine bay , I hav exactly the same kit what u got!

the picture above is not my car my car is in the video.

and i bought the car just 4-5 months ago traded a 2001 us spec is300 to a fully loaded 2004 euro spec limited is300

and it would be a little difficult to take a look at it since i live in iceland...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links