Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another dead Battery today as usual after car sits for 6 weeks or so [happened with my TT as well and you ret to disconnect the Battery on that!!]

Anyway, using my Clarkes jump start, which usually is fine with mimimal arcing on connection, I got massive arcing and some smoke etc.

Rather than frying the loom [as happened on my friend's E-type Jag] I gave up and seek advice here.

Is it a dud Battery [2009, 10k miles only]? apparently they just fail all at once.

If it was a normal car I'd say there was a massive load present eg headlights on etc. but as far as I can see nothing is on.

Help gratefully received, which this forum is renowned for.

Car is the best I've ever had; even my wife is comfortable in the back....

Got my car GS450H in october 3 years old - problem with flat Battery (The car had been sitting idle for months) - ordered a new Lexus one immediately - shocked at price but couldn't live with the uncertainy !! :driving:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, yes I thought the Battery might be tired; went flat in a fortnight again but AA man told me to have courage and just connect the booster and sure, it starts.

There must be a way to change fob key batteries without a trip to Lexus though; have done them on Toyota and garage fobs but the Lexus has me beat; no screws or access that I can see???

Here's the place for the unpatronising answer I hope.....

To be honest I didn't have a clue myself and got the guy at Lexus to do them.

I watched him and the secret was to take the key out of the fob and slide the panel with the L

logo forward.

Byr the way - what do you think of your car ?

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem with my 2004 GS430; batteries would keep running down in just 2-3 days of non-use. Worked out it only happened when the car alarm was on. Tested it with an ammeter and found the alarm was draining hundreds of milliamps - definitely not as it should be. Tracked it down to the siren, which is largely superfluous anyway as the horn makes enough racket by itself (OK, the bad guys can cut the horn off easier than disable the siren). Removed siren from circuit, and bingo, no more Battery drainage problem at all. Lexus dealers failed to find the fault, btw...

Not saying this has any relevance to your problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Car's the bestI I've ever had, seems quicker than a TT and so comfortable. Got to be a the choice for a high qual. 4 seater for an old guy like me.

Will test the batter when it's serviced; in the meantime Clarks works every time.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links