Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handles like a pig with 3 legs on ice is how my father used to describe capri handling in the wet.

What a cool car of the day. I must stop dreaming of those long summer days, why was it always summer????? Mike

Last year I tested this in Finland, the coldest was -27 and my LS does not have a block heater so not the best for the car to start it up in cold every day, but every day it did start without any problems.

And even in -27 the car was fine to drive, no problems with gearbox or any extra noise from the cabin.

The lack of steering feel makes the driving a bit tricky and if you use the normal mode in the gearbox you might be not so nicely surprised when gearbox decides to change to lower gear. It did happen to me when I was accelerating to motorway and gearbox did change to lower gear in speed of 90km/h. The whole car went sideways right away, but I was able to correct it. VSC was on, but still the car went sideways. Therefore using a snow mode is recommended because it does not change to lower gear so eagerly than normal mode.

Biggest problem with the LS is lack of grip in the rear and lack of steering feel, what makes the car a bit problematic to drive in snow / ice covered country roads. Also if you have to be extra careful with the throttle. I have to admit that my parents Nissan Qashqai with studded tires are much easier to drive in the winter than LS fitted with friction winter tires.

Used snow mode to get to & from the station in fairly snowy conditions with no drama this morning. Even when provoked the gentle guidance of the stability control kept the car on the straight and narrow :)

(Yes, I found and bought a Mk4! More on this soon...)

Used snow mode to get to & from the station in fairly snowy conditions with no drama this morning. Even when provoked the gentle guidance of the stability control kept the car on the straight and narrow :)

(Yes, I found and bought a Mk4! More on this soon...)

Yea!!! Well done. We will all want to see pictures and what your cars story is. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links