Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help And Advice For Newbie Please!

Adgti

Hi gang....has been a pleasant 1st week with my Lexus. Sorted the tramlining out....tyres were 15 psi lower than what they should have been....new wipers....and a good valet inside and out.

I checked the coolant and thanks to the lads on here found out where and how to do it. There was nothing in the header tank so filled it back up to level with half a litre of antifreeze....happy days. Checked it this morning and again it's empty so topped up to level....although it didn't take much. Sat there and ran the car to temp (just under half way on gauge) and watched the header tank returning the water etc turned it off and still water in the header tank. Engine has done 125k with nearly full service history and is in pristine condition with no leaks or anything. No goo underneath the oil cap and nothing on the dipstick. Heaters red hot and engine warms up quickly and has stable temp.

Any ideas?? Are IS200's prone to head gaskets....or leaks or anything??

Thanks in advance

Adam

you should get oil into that engine ASAP if you want to save it. if there is no oil on the dipstick then you havent got long before you cook the head. any 5w-30 engine oil should be ok just look for these at the back of the oil label, API-SJ, API-SL or API-SM and it will meet the engine requirements.

Hi gang....has been a pleasant 1st week with my Lexus. Sorted the tramlining out....tyres were 15 psi lower than what they should have been....new wipers....and a good valet inside and out.

I checked the coolant and thanks to the lads on here found out where and how to do it. There was nothing in the header tank so filled it back up to level with half a litre of antifreeze....happy days. Checked it this morning and again it's empty so topped up to level....although it didn't take much. Sat there and ran the car to temp (just under half way on gauge) and watched the header tank returning the water etc turned it off and still water in the header tank. Engine has done 125k with nearly full service history and is in pristine condition with no leaks or anything. No goo underneath the oil cap and nothing on the dipstick. Heaters red hot and engine warms up quickly and has stable temp.

Any ideas?? Are IS200's prone to head gaskets....or leaks or anything??

Thanks in advance

Adam

i think he means no goo on dipstick as in mixed oil/water sludge not no oil in engine well i hope thats what being written

Cheers Noby and Chunky Chip....but I meant oil level was fine no goo or bubbles or sign of water in the oil on the dipstick

sorry budy that was me reading fast thought you meant 'no good underneath' looks like its in good condition. yeh head gasket failuer is not a common problem with Toyota engines and will only go when things like coolant and oil is neglected but sounds like yours is OK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links