Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting 17" Oz Superturismo With Wider Tyres

JohnyT

Hello

The stock alloys on my Lexus IS200 SE are looking a bit shabby now the bubbling has gotten worse and there's a load of curb marks from the previous owner. So have been looking into getting them changed out for something new.

I want to keep the rims 17" but maybe make them a bit wider. I've been looking around and I found a set of OZ's that I like:

OZ Superturismo Le Mans Graphite Alloy Wheels 7.5x17

Offset 45

Rim Width 7.5J

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5ae83d8b7c

I looked at a chart that said the 7.5 rims could fit tyre widths between 215-235.

So I was hoping to fit a pair of Eagle F1 225/45/17 on the front and 235/45/17 at the rear.

Would this work out ok on a stock IS200 without rubbing and the need to mess about with the wheel arches? I'm not planning to lower the suspension or any thing like that.

I've got 17 x 8 et40 running 225/45/17 tyres, lowered 30mm, and i don't get any rubbing, so you should be fine :)

Thanks for the reply guys.

Hey ally just noticed you have the rims I was first looking at but I figured 8" might have been too wide. How do you get on with the OZ ultra's could I get away with the 235/45/17 on the rear wheels?

I've got 17 x 8 et40 running 225/45/17 tyres, lowered 30mm, and i don't get any rubbing, so you should be fine :)

Thanks for the reply guys.

Hey ally just noticed you have the rims I was first looking at but I figured 8" might have been too wide. How do you get on with the OZ ultra's could I get away with the 235/45/17 on the rear wheels?

My tyre side wall is right on the limit of flushness on my rears, and that is with a slightly stretched 225 tyre width. You would be pushing it with 235s. I'll try and post up a photo later.

Hi Ally thanks for uploading those pics, makes me want to go for it even more! Love the look of your IS. I can see by your signature you've done a lot of work to it.

A friend of a friend has some 2nd hand CR-Kai's 18x7.5 with a 42 offset which should also fit. But I prefer to buy new plus 18" tyres cost more. I said I would take a look any way.

Either way looks like I'll be upgrading real soon, I got in contact with my insurer to ask about their policy on modifications. Its gonna put the price up but not by much, best to be safe than sorry for such a small increase.

I'll upload some pics once its done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links