Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrous Oxide !

DaveEllen

went on the Holes bay road thinking here we go...........and b***er me its a 50...........Used to go down there in my AX GT so quick the fuel guage went from 1/2 full to full..............those were the days.

Had fun on the M"% & a206 coming home................Mrs E took a movie with the digi camera........... bit wobbly but amusing !

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By way of comparison....this is my 1 day install from Japspeed Racing. I think its okay...You decide for yourself. Personally its the best sub £grand investment I've ever made on the car I feel. But of course price was not the final determing factor. THERE CAN BE NO SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALITY!

PICT0039.sized.jpg

PICT0041.sized.jpg

PICT0024.sized.jpg

I do like the standard braided hoses that come with my kit that have a clean slick look to them. and as for the performance. Well 6 bottles on and still going strong... :P

:zee:

Used to go down there in my AX GT so quick the fuel guage went from 1/2 full to full..............those were the days.

Ahhh, I used to own an AX GT, my first fast car. What a hoot. Pity about the build quality...

I remember the advertisements, "Power to weight ratio of 120BHP/ton, Just like Rocky" :ph34r:

Nige

Used to go down there in my AX GT so quick the fuel guage went from 1/2 full to full..............those were the days.

Ahhh, I used to own an AX GT, my first fast car. What a hoot. Pity about the build quality...

I remember the advertisements, "Power to weight ratio of 120BHP/ton, Just like Rocky" :ph34r:

Nige

Mine was a 1988 (had it from new) excellent............many a smile !

Had an AX 11 TGE Salsa... :P

If you opened the boot and pushed it from the side you could see the body flex. But a nippier car I could not hae wished for at 18! I actually ditched my bird to go cruising in that car. What a big mistake that might have been... Still it was one heck of a car. my mate had the GT500 with half leather trim and boy, was I envious!

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

So How much N20 you got left there, Dave?

Been a fun weekend?

By way of comparison....this is my 1 day install from Japspeed Racing. I think its okay...You decide for yourself. Personally its the best sub £grand investment I've ever made on the car I feel. But of course price was not the final determing factor. THERE CAN BE NO SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALITY!

Looking good Loz - and can't go wrong for the money B)

Might be worth looking at a different location for the solenoids and lines though - maybe a little close the exhaust manifold?

Just a friendly suggestion - not a criticism - ask 100 different engineers and you'll get 10 different answers. Hope that's helpful :)

Agreed Mark!

Already had a quote to move them but Dawesy is going to sort me out with a heat sheild and Harty might be able to source so manifold tape to keep the temp down over all. I would be happy with those two solutions as they should be cheaper than moving the Sollies.

Guess I also like the look of the sollies there.

What are your thoughts on the industrial strength manifold tape and a Stainless Mirror Heat shield working together? Reckon it will do? (asking just one acredited spanner man for now ;) )

Ps. WHat is the bacofoil type stuff that you have on the nylon lines in Dave's car? does it keep the heat off the lines well? Looks pretty space age! and in the Boot shot. there seemed to be a roll of it or is that daves cooking apron?

Cheers,

Loz

Demon tweeks sell all the heat suppresant materials, if you order the magazine you need the motorsport one

the exhaust wrap is good, if done correctly and properly secured at the ends and long runs.

best to use the 2" stuff with a half inch overlap.

Dave,

Does your insurance company know about the Ski hatch in your Lex?

I had it on pretty good authority that the reason it was not street legal to have noz in a hatchback is because there has to be no way through between the area the bottle is stored and the driving compartment. THink its cos there needs to be a firewall between the two. I know this is not the case in the US were Dominc Terreto had his nos under the seat. But over here I think its a bigger deal. JUst wondered if it had been an issue for you?

Cheers,

Loz

Ps. take your silence this morning as a sign that you found the long way into the office! Its addictive aint it?

Demon tweeks sell all the heat suppresant materials, if you order the magazine you need the motorsport one

the exhaust wrap is good, if done correctly and properly secured at the ends and long runs.

best to use the 2" stuff with a half inch overlap.

Cheers, Blue!

What are your thoughts on the industrial strength manifold tape and a Stainless Mirror Heat shield working together? Reckon it will do? (asking just one acredited spanner man for now ;) )

Ps. WHat is the bacofoil type stuff that you have on the nylon lines in Dave's car? does it keep the heat off the lines well? Looks pretty space age! and in the Boot shot. there seemed to be a roll of it or is that daves cooking apron?

Loz

Anthing you do to keep the heat away from the fuel and nitrous lines has got to be a wise move.

As Mat said you can get the proper manifold heat wrap from Demon Tweeks, or we carry it in stock.

Make sure you use the proper curing spray otherwise it WILL fall apart.

The "bacofoil" is heat insulating sleeve (for putting wires and pipes through. We keep this in stock too.

Mark :)

How much of the 2" tape would I need and how much would it cost? is it postable or do I need to get it picked up by a "local" locer.

Pm me if you think the shock of the numbers is too much for non gold members to bare... :ph34r:

Dave,

Does your insurance company know about the Ski hatch in your Lex?

I had it on pretty good authority that the reason it was not street legal to have noz in a hatchback is because there has to be no way through between the area the bottle is stored and the driving compartment. THink its cos there needs to be a firewall between the two. I know this is not the case in the US were Dominc Terreto had his nos under the seat. But over here I think its a bigger deal. JUst wondered if it had been an issue for you?

Cheers,

Loz

Ps. take your silence this morning as a sign that you found the long way into the office! Its addictive aint it?

Loz,

Silence is working w/out an internet connection :ph34r: !!!

I'm not sure about ski hatch thingy and as I had lots of trouble getting it insured I'm not going to ask the ?

I feel I'd have a good case in court as its a standard IS fitment.....

4 insruance firms said NOS was illegal :whistling:

Had an AX 11 TGE Salsa... :P

If you opened the boot and pushed it from the side you could see the body flex. But a nippier car I could not hae wished for at 18! I actually ditched my bird to go cruising in that car. What a big mistake that might have been... Still it was one heck of a car. my mate had the GT500 with half leather trim and boy, was I envious!

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

So How much N20 you got left there, Dave?

Been a fun weekend?

still got a bottle & a bit :whistling: roads chokka in Dorset & everyone obeys the speed limit :yack:

However methinks 2 trips to Romford from me will require a trip to TDi for a refill :whistling:

Loz - thats my reflective windscreen thingy for when the dogs are left in the car on a hot day....................... :winky:

Loz - thats my reflective windscreen thingy for when the dogs are left in the car on a hot day....................... :winky:

you surely don't leave the dogs in the car when its hot?

No wonder they stick their heads out at 12*mph! looking for a kiss of life I shouldn't wonder...

Glad you are making it last.... be interested to see how your first refil goes.

Ps. if you had mounted then bottles leaning on the inne wheel arches instead of against thier sides, would you have better boot space? it might just be the way it looks in the photo...

Glad you having fun with it, Bossman!

you surely don't leave the dogs in the car when its hot?

No wonder they stick their heads out at 12*mph! looking for a kiss of life I shouldn't wonder...

Glad you are making it last.... be interested to see how your first refil goes.

Ps. if you had mounted then bottles leaning on the inne wheel arches instead of against thier sides, would you have better boot space? it might just be the way it looks in the photo...

Glad you having fun with it, Bossman!

Dogs left in shade with windows well down & s/roof open.........No shade No stay !!!

Not sure about position of cylinders...they are rather large :whistling:

must be short n stubby then..........(NOS !!)

Like owner, like Bottle!

SO how are you finding the opening of the bottles? do you open then up every journey or have the control to leave it for the weekends yet? I have not opened mine since the EVO session on MOnday night. although i had a blast over to Manchester LATE lastnight and could have had a couple of little tickles...

Loz

Have not driven it since Monday when we went rather quickly a few times...Working in Brixton so have to use pubic transport............

Off to Romford so have entered myself in the Dartford Tunnel toll both grand prix :whistling:

Mines is always switched on so if I ever need that extra its there...........

The progressive controller is a wizard bit of kit.............ever been in a car with it ?

Have not driven it since Monday when we went rather quickly a few times...Working in Brixton so have to use pubic transport............

Off to Romford so have entered myself in the Dartford Tunnel toll both grand prix :whistling:

Mines is always switched on so if I ever need that extra its there...........

The progressive controller is a wizard bit of kit.............ever been in a car with it ?

Had a Similar system on my V max. if you hit the banzai button on the grip once it gave 60hp going up to 100hp if you hit it and held it down you got 100hp till you let go!

Needless to say I did not keep the bike long.... Tankslapper city!!

But it was better than the big bang boost. never EVER dared hold the button down. I saw a mate do it once ( that I bought it off) and it was scary! o -60 in around 2 seconds!

When we did the Streetfighter Challenge we had a wheelie bar but I still never dared get it under 10secs. its effing hard to have the bottle on what is basically a jap version of a Harley. But we thought it was funny. No pun intended.

:blink:

If you are offering a ride in yours though I'd love to :)

With mine theres no big bang just a steady push back in the seat. Aside from that all you here is the clicking of the progressive controller as it does something technical feeding the NOS in...........could be why it is lasting well............

No doubt we will meet up at a meet soon............compare installs !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links