Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Light Problem

Noticed last week that the yellow front fogs had stopped working, last night found that the tail lights were also not working. The 10amp fuse in footwell fuse board had blown but new fuse blew right away. I assume that the front fogs and tail lights are on the same circuit? Has anyone any thoughts as to where the fault/short would be? Thanks guys.

Funny enough I did replace a tail light bulb recently...could it be that simple? If it is, then the foreign bloke in the shop who sold me the bulb for £3.50 will have it inserted into him!

The picture of your car is exactly the same as my is300, are our Areo wheels still available new?

Gotta be the bulb then mate. I put the wrong ones in and had the same problem.

No the Aero wheels are not available new anymore. Mine will be coming off on Tuesday and fitting a set of black mesh wheels :)

I'm going to refurb all 5 Aero alloys and sell them :)

No!!! The Areo alloys are the dogs b's mate!!! You will regret it....

Just pulled bulb out, off down road now to sort them out, will post outcome....now where did I put my knuckle dusters..

Unfortunatly my Aero's are knackered. All 5 are bent/buckled and all kerbed badly. So the choice was new wheels or refurb the aeros.

I know how good the aeros look but I want to be a little different. Also I can refurb the aeros and make a little profit in them or if I don't like the new wheels I can pop the Refurbed aeros back on and sell the mesh wheels. Everyone's a winner :lol:

As for your bulbs there's a list of the correct bulb numbers somewhere on this forum if u do a search :)

Result, must have been a dodgy bulb! everything works fine now, front spots as well. Many thanks Chris, owe you a few pints sometime.

I knew the front spots stopped working a few weeks ago but had no idea that i was driving late at night, after a few light ales, with no bloody tail lights!! :eerrrmm:

I had my Areo wheels refurbed and powder coated when I got the car last year, but the idiots failed to check them for buckles etc before they did refurb, they had loads of weights on them! Took car elsewhere to have them properly balanced, and they reckon that every wheel is slightly bent. I could have them fully sorted but would obviously need powder coating again. Have thought about after market wheels but they all look like "after market wheels", not something I want on the Lexus. Will have to wait until I kerb one of them and then its worth getting all fully sorted by a proper firm.

If you were to sell yours, reckon £200 each before refurb as so rare now.

Once again, thanks for advice.

No worries mate. Glad it's sorted. :)

That's the problem with the Aero wheels, they're made of butter! Lexus told me they had so many issues with the aeros bending/buckling! Never had the same problem with the 17 inch normal IS200 wheels. Strange!

Did have is200 sport which had only done 35k and flywheel was a problem, and new one was a grand inc vat, so bought auto is300. How can Lexus justify that much for a poxy fly wheel, not worth doing! Can of petrol and a box of matches :innocent:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links