Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Very Weird Noise And Overheating

Hey guys

So I have an issue with my 99 is200 sport, I have the strangest noises coming from behind the dashboard can't really explain it but it's like a weird popping vibrating sound anyway it does this a few times and then the car starts to overheat so I have to pull over and let it cool, it looks like i might be loosing water but not too sure have topped radiator up a few times to be safe hopefully it's just an airlock or coolant issue anyone help me out with some advice or suggestions please

Thanks for any help guysFR

My daughter had similar with her celica vvti,and had to have the heater matrix changed.good luck mate with the fault and welcome to the forum,there are many experts on here to help so dont despair.

Thank bud, think I'm going to try bleeding system first and see if have any luck with that, if not then looks like changing heater matrix might be best option, will let you know how I get on, thanx

• Like 1

Long as it's not a gasket issue I'm happy!

Ok this morning I filled radiator and filled coolant , parked with front end raised engine running with rad cap off heater on max facing windscreen did the old upside down coke bottle trick let it warm up and gave all pipes a good squeezing, let it cool checked levels and fine, went for a drive around 15 miles got home let it cool againand was very strange, radiator seemed Ok but bit where I had filled coolant was completely empty! Do you think it is a radiator issue? cheers

hi,

that is normal, the radiator sucks the water out of the coolant bottle first when its loosing coolant from the system, is your drivers side foot well wet? or did you notice a strange smell in the car lately? if your heater matrix is leaking you will notice these signs. I just did my heater matrix, i just cut the 2 pipes going the matrix and the joined the new matrix on there with rubber hoses and clips. It saves alot of time and you dont have to take the dash out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links