Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I assume it was working before? Do you have more than one key and if so are any of them working?

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Yes to

both questons, when the barrel was jammed I had to disconnect the Battery as it

was in the acc position, and I had disconnect some electrics multi plug, sure I

have put them all back

Stuart

Is there any preventitive action as clearly Stuart has had some grief here. Is there a particular way of removing the key or should the barrel be lubricated (Always wary when electrics involved).

I have noticed with mine that sometimes key removes easily and sometimes I have to press it in whilst turning . So as said wonder what is correct way.

Chris

Hi Chris

I think as I said before it is not that uncommon for Lexus ignition barrel problems,
there is plenty of evidence on this Lexus web site (past problems)

I tend to look at it this way the key and barrel are mechanical there are some bolt
electrics around it

If you disconnect the Battery as I did and then unplug the

electric multi plugs your playing fairly safe or it that being simplistic

Did see that guide for adding a extra remote but it does not

say if that is for all Lexus cars

Under (Recently Added guides )http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/204-advice-how-to-program-extra-remote-to-ls400/

thanks for help

Hi Stuart, that procedure should work for your series I RX.

Not sure why it would have lost the programming of your key. The fact that you have another and it is working proves the system is functioning and you didn't disconnect/damage the receiver - this isn't near the ignition barrel anyway. Maybe your key just isn't working.

There are two different systems which may need to be programmed. The procedure you have linked to is for the wireless door locking/alarm.

There is also the immobiliser. It has a similar but different procedure to program a new key. First we need to understand if this is working or not for your 'faulty' key. If you unlock the vehicle with your good key, are you able to start the car with the faulty one? As soon as you put the key into the ignition you should see the security light go out, if it doesn't then the engine will turn over but it won't start.

Thanks for lengthy message
I have 2 keys both worked before troubles and both now start the car. I will get them checked out 2 morrow to see if they are giving off a signal

The locksmith who sorted the barrel out also in the past has fitted new Battery in remote before and checked for signal strength
Will get back to you with further info
Thanks for help

Stuart

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links