Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dab Option Not Picking Up Many Stations

Chris Oldroyd

I have just got a new CT200h Sport with the sat nav option which includes DAB. The problem is, it doesn't seem to pick up many stations, Talk Sport and Planet Rock are missing for starters. Anyone any idea what could be wrong? I notice some have an aerial on the front screen but all I have is an aerial on the rear roof.

Beginning to think they forgot the DAB aerial.

Chris

I think I might know the answer. I thought mine only picked up a few, Radio1, BBC Birmingham etc. However, when doing a search using the CH^ buttons, when the radio station comes up, click on the left button Service list and you get a list of several others similar eg on radio one you then get radio2, etc. if when you search it comes up with Classic FM then clicking on the Service List will give you more including your Planet rock. Hope that helps.

Rich2508, you da man!!!

Works now thanks to your advice, I now have Planet Rock and loads of other stations. I can't thank you enough!

Cheers

Chris

Your welcome -I was thinking it was the signal as a previous pool car I had just before had terrible DAB reception kept cutting out every few mins, just thought the CT was the same until sat in traffic jam fiddling about with the settings and came accross it. guess it might be in the manual somewhere but too many pages to go through. What I could not find an answer for was how o cancel a traffic broadcast that you don't want to listen to. What I have found so far that works is -

On RADIO FM pressing the left sterling wheel up down button up once then down once gets you back to your original station

On DAB. This wont work, need to press the Radio button on console twice

ON CD. press media button on console twice.

I have a button beneath the radio (I think) marked TA. I press that to toggle traffic announcements on and off.

Not got that on mine - does yours have SAT NAV ? Never had a car without a TA button and does not even mention how to cancel in the handbook. I know the Sat Nav has traffic warning but not sure yet if that only works whilst you are using route guidance or will work at all times. Guess a bit more weekend reading is in store....

Just been looking at some interior pictures on cars on autotrader and 13 plate ones like mine seem to have fewer buttons. Whats the saying - Less is more? - not in this case!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links