Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electrical Issues With Is250

Hi Guy's,

I have an IS 250 Executive and I had the misfortune to have a truck come in on me about 6 months ago. It took me this long to get it sorted with their insurance. I was lucky in that all force went into my drivers wing mirror and only the outer casing got broken. I searched high and low and got a replacement in a scrap yard that had the heated all electric/folding functions of my old mirror. I had it replaced and fitted last week along with a faulty PDC sensor that I also sourced from a scrap merchant. It was a back street guy who fixed both of these and his level of knowledge would not be great.

The day I collected my car I noticed the auto open switch on my drivers window didn't work. I had to hold my finger down on switch to put window down and same when I wanted to put it up. I brought it back and bloke said it just worked for him. I Leave my car at Train station during the day and when I returned Friday my car Battery was flat. I got my wife down and she jump started it off her car. I notice now however that my automatic steering wheel is labored in its movement and making more noise than usual. I also notice that the start button in my car is having problems starting the car. When I press it nothing happens. I press it again and it starts but just about?

Has anyone come across these problems before? Anyone know what it could be? Any advice on what to do? I don't want to go to Lexus dealer and get raped as usual!!

Thanks

G

Thanks for that you are probably right. The starter just clicked a number of times this morning when I pressed the starter button and check came up on the display. After three attempts the car barely started but it sounded very strained. I wouldn't mind but I drove it around yesterday to and from work which should have well charged up the Battery. I don't have a charger so might just go to Halford's and get a new Battery this evening.

Does sound like a Battery on its way out. Make sure you get the right Battery...Halfools have been known to get the Battery 180 degrees out (puts your connectors at the front....not good!)

Window syncing is also here on this forum

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/200-initializing-windows-after-battery-change/ :whistling:

Does sound like a battery on its way out. Make sure you get the right battery...Halfools have been known to get the battery 180 degrees out (puts your connectors at the front....not good!)

Window syncing is also here on this forum

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/200-initializing-windows-after-battery-change/ :whistling:

It's on the forum, but not in my bookmarks :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links