Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Watch Out - Warranty Direct Massive Changes In T&c And Policies

ChumpusRex

I bought a well used IS250 12 months ago with 120k miles on it, and purchased an extended warranty from warranty direct. They were delighted to sell me a policy covering pretty much everything, mechanical, electrical, brakes, steering, electronics, catalysts, air bags, etc. with a maximum mileage of 150k.

Anyway, they sent me the policy renewal recently. Not only was the cost of the policy increased by about 20%, there were some interesting changes to the cover:

cover would cease at 130k miles

Items covered would be the mechanical components of the engine (i.e. block/head/pistons/rings/crank/cams) and mechanical components of the gearbox (not including clutch packs/brake packs, etc.). Important exclusions would be all sensors, wiring, computers, fuel system, cooling system, ignition system, etc. Also not covered, would be brakes, steering, electronics, catalysts, air bags.

For me, they would not cover my car - although they obviously assume that I'll be renewing, as they've already sent me the confirmation of when they will auto debit my card....

Even for new policies taken out, they are much stricter on coverage - if you want vehicle electrical systems covered, your car must have fewer than 60k miles. They will no longer cover electronics, catalysts, air bags, etc. on cars with more than 60k!

If you've got a WD policy and are coming up for renewal, make sure you check the small print very carefully. You may find that your renewal will cover you for much less than you would think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links