Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Shock Absorber Lexus Is 220D - Alternatives?

Thats very cheap - the cheapest I found was £160/shock absorber, Lexus wanted £400 for one shock.

I needed to change all 4, so it was £1600, or £660 for stock, or £570 for koni with lifetime warranty. Seemed like a no-brainer at the time.

The main issue with those for me is that your courier service might tell you to pay import taxes. And they are sometimes half the price of what you bought. Warranty is almost non-existent as it will be cheaper to buy brand new than send it back for repair, and it takes 2 weeks to arrive. Stuff I mentioned takes 2 days to arrive, is better than original, and you get lifetime warranty (until you are the owner of the car).

I think as well import tax plus Vat plus international transfer 3,4% paypal fee can end up with 320-350£ price tag. Koni lifetime warranty sounds nice. I will probably order Koni so even if they not fit I could return them.

• 4 months later...

My sincere apologies to ask this question here...but i didn't get any reply on this when i started a this thread last week ....

Hi,

I am looking to change all four shockers on my lexus IS220D as it has got advisory notice during MOT for Oil leaks on one of them. My local garage told me that existing shockers on my lexus are electromagnetic ,so these should be replaced by electromagnetic ones only otherwise error message will come up on Dashboard. I did try to find these shockers but unfortunately could not get anything on internet.

though i found below post on the same topic...

http://www.lexusowne...d-alternatives/

but could not conclude whether these are electromagnetic ones or not? I wonder ,do anyone of you have got any idea about them at all? Can i use KONI FSD kit at all? anyone who might have used these on his/her lexus.

I can only find below front and rear shock absorbers with their respective part numbers but not sure whether these are electromagnetic or not?

Toyota 4853080413 - Rear SHOCK ABSORBER

Toyota 4852059285 - Front SHOCK ABSORBER

Any help regarding this would really be appreciable...

My sincere apologies to ask this question here...but i didn't get any reply on this when i started a this thread last week ....

Hi,

I am looking to change all four shockers on my lexus IS220D as it has got advisory notice during MOT for Oil leaks on one of them. My local garage told me that existing shockers on my lexus are electromagnetic ,so these should be replaced by electromagnetic ones only otherwise error message will come up on Dashboard. I did try to find these shockers but unfortunately could not get anything on internet.

though i found below post on the same topic...

http://www.lexusowne...d-alternatives/

but could not conclude whether these are electromagnetic ones or not? I wonder ,do anyone of you have got any idea about them at all? Can i use KONI FSD kit at all? anyone who might have used these on his/her lexus.

I can only find below front and rear shock absorbers with their respective part numbers but not sure whether these are electromagnetic or not?

Toyota 4853080413 - Rear SHOCK ABSORBER

Toyota 4852059285 - Front SHOCK ABSORBER

Any help regarding this would really be appreciable...

I didn't hear that lexus 220d 2006-2013 have electromagnetic shock absorber... I think it's impossible :).

You can use Koni FSD kit, £600 for all 4 shocks.

Hi,

I used one of the Sveat webpages and bought them from japan. Original parts, paid £220 plus import taxes £40, changed them myself. Mine lexus is 2009 and its half facelift, so shock absorber aswell had different part number, I was struggling to find them so I took a risk and order the ones it been mentioned here. And they are exactly same. Can`t notice any performance difference. I think yours electromagnetic will be exactly same. I dont believe yours suspension is some how adjustable electrically?

I agree with Zonskas. And it's more cheaper from japan than "Koni FSD kit". And you will receive original parts from Lexus "Tokico", not fakes.

If I will have problems with front shocks absorber, I will take from Japan website than "Koni FSD kit", because I changed only rear...

Appreciate your responses Sveat and Zonskas....will order these shockers straight away from Japan....:):)

On other note..... I know that IS220d has got 4 injectors but i could read in some forums about 5th injector as well, which i wasn't aware of until i read these forums. So can any one of your tell me...whats the purpose of 5th injectors in IS220 D and does it really have it.?

thanks a lot once again for your replies on shockers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just an update, I tried to order Shockeys from Japan via amayama but unfortunately delivery cost is way too much in comparison to the actual cost of shockers and now days they are only delivered it via Fedex :(:(

Description Ship In Price
GBP Qty Sub-Total
GBP Weight
kgs Status Warehouse: Japan SHOCK ABSORBER Toyota 4851080257 Ship in 7 - 13 days 55.13 1 55.13 3.18 Pending payment SHOCK ABSORBER Toyota 4852059285 Ship in 7 - 13 days 55.13 1 55.13 3.18 Pending payment Delivery 238.92 Total 349.18 6.36

Thanks a lot Sveat for your reply,

I checked this website but the only delivery method to UK is by mail EMS but Sockers cant be delivered by mail EMS as specified on the website. :(:(

Or am i doing something wrong here?

Im order them from uk, and it was a note: cant post by ems, but I just order them and they post them with fedex, even I asked them to reduce postage proce on invoice because vat and tax counted on final sum, so as I said rear shocks I got for £240-230

Thanks Zonskas for your inputs.

Sorry for asking this stupid question but it seems... this site is not working properly as I cant add any item (no button or option at all) in my shopping cart on http://www.impex-jp.com/ , I am using chrome which automatically translate russian language into English but could not see anything which allows me to add the item into cart....

thanks,

• 5 months later...

Hello guys,

This is my first post here. Sorry for the english, it's not my native language.

I own a 2011 is220d f sport and have some questions regarding the rear shock absorber. I saw a little leak over the rear left one, and thought about changing it.

From what i saw the code written on it is 48530-53250 (mark code- part code is 48530-80507), but i know someone who is selling a rear shock absorber for this car (is 220d), but with the code 48530- 53141(also mark code- part code for this one is 48530-80416).

I was wondering if there is any real difference between these two, because from what i searched the shock absorber that is fitted on my car (48530-53250) is for the "TIRE & DISC WHEEL-X PACKAGE(18INCH ALUMINIUM WHEEL)" which honestly, I don't know that stands for ( I mean the difference between other packages).

So guys, please, any advice about this would mean real help.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Flaviu57,

I own lexus is250 2009, mines is not f sport but shock absorbers had different parts numbers as I could not find for sale. If yours will be not f sport I could assure part numbers don't really matters, because it was exactly same as my old ones and I haven't notice any difference in performance, but yours should be stiffer suspension so shock absorbers will be different as well. But Im not 100% sure. Where is good website I mention before in my comments, you could enter your chassis number and you will find all parts of your car and part numbers you could use.

Hello and thank you very much for the answers.

A fitted the shock absorber with the code 48530-80416 and it's working ok. But there was a visible difference between the springs of the two shocks (the one from my car is more thick than the one that came from the other shock absorber. So, I changed the springs between the two shocks and now my car runs with its own spring but with different shocks on the back. I already made more than 100 km and run a little fast to see if there is any difference but didn't noticed any.

If I would have found earlier the site recommended by Sveat, I would have bought 2 shocks already from there. But at the dealer they asked for almost 500 euros for one shock to change. And that seemed a little expensive for me, even if Lexus is a exclusive car.

Thank you guys for your answers, now i'm a little bit satisfied with the option I took, but not sure 100% if it was the best I could choose.

The 250 F Sport in the UK has a revised suspension compared to the rest of the range, lower and stiffer. The 220d F Sport didn't get this modification.

Maybe non-UK 220d F Sports received the sport suspension, hence why you noticed the difference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links