Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450H 2009 Onwards-Rear Wiper Replacement- Help!

Can anyone help please! How can you change the rear window wiper-blade on the RX450h? I have searched forums and internet but without an answer.

It appears to me that the rear housing/spoiler at the top of the rear screen prevents the wiper arm being lifted sufficiently far enough to be able to remove the wiper blade. Stopping the wiper anywhere on the rear screen does not appear to help in being able to lift the blade far enough away from the glass to unclip it.

The correct length blade is widely available via the internet however fitting it is proving mind-boggling?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just had a quick look at mine and there does seem to be a nut on the wiper arm which looks as if it can be taken off and the arm can then come off to replace the blade. Would be interested to know if anyone has done the job.

Lexus apparently tend to replace just the rubber and not the whole blade so this may be the reason why removal is a problem, I've never dome a rubber replacement but apparently they just slide out.

The price from Lexus is also quite reasonable and if you have a friendly dealer they may do the job for you FOC.

Hi purple badger

I am going to have a look at mine today and see how I get on as for the rubber replacements they are very easy to fit just pull out your old rubber, measure and cut the new one, I have a pair of special cutters for this but a small hacksaw will do fine making sure to measure from the locking pins end if you cut them off then you have to start again slide the rubber in along the groves cut end first and when fully in the two locking pins will keep it in place the replacement blades can be bought as singles and up to 28inch in length. we sell these replacement rubbers for £2 each so go to your local car accessories shop and ask for a replacement rubber for your bosch wiper blade hope this helps regards peter.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links