Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Is300 Satnav Topic....but Needed !

superwang

Hi Everyone,

I am just a new member and just buy my 2001 Lexus is300 Sportcross, which I cant fault except....the dreaded Satnav problems.

I have searched this forum exploring satnav info and advice but cannot find an answer to my problem....

so, my satnav opens and closes ok and a 'Lexus' screen flashes on and off, then a message shows DVD unable to read data then nothing more. then the panel buttons by handbrake lever do not function accept off??

I found the DVD unit in the boot by the spare wheel, it contained a copied disc of maps and the machine rotated/ loaded ok.

My main question is.....Lexus dealer can sell me a dvd disc of updated maps for £150 however, from what I am learning the master default first issue map dvd disc should be loaded first, and the £150 update maps disc to follow / load afterwards.

How can I discover my model/type number for a 2001 year is300 car?

How can I obtain a copy of the first master disc?

is eBay my only hope?

any help, advice and guidance most appreciated as I get the feeling we are saturated with satnav problems on here.

Thanks all for a good interesting forum.

regards

Phil

Hello who told you that you needed a master default disc?the reason it flashes unable to read disc is because the disc in it is the wrong disc or in your case a copy(the system doesn't like copies).As yours is a 2001 model pretty sure yours is CD Rom based,pm ACLex on here (he is the LOC parts dealer)and he should be able to help you out,he is very knowledgeable,he may require you vin number so have it to hand.If you want his number pm me,don't think it will cost you £150 either.

• Like 1

I had the same problem. sometimes it use to just start working. mine was the laser and the copy cd which buggered the laser up in long run. a bit like the original cd player unit. they don't like copies. changed the cd rom unit in boot 2nd hand and got 2 new cd/dvd from lexus. ran superb and very quick loading then before.

you can try cleaning the unit 1st and see if makes any difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links