Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Juddering

Will ask my mechanic as he did it all for me, if he can remember (was about 2 &1/2 years ago). But when he took off the plastic cover the belt was quite worn, was worrying as i had changed the belt when i bought the car at 30k miles and this was at 85k. There was another part he tried before the belt though as the obd reader was bringing up all sorts of faults. Did the garage not get to the bottom of it?

No they told me all there were no codes showing up at all and all the live data was as it should be the put some injector cleaner through it as a precaution but that doesn't seem to have cured it.

seems strange as my oil light came on again after about five mins of driving and then went off after about 20 seconds.

the oil level is fine as I checked this myself could something be blocked inside?

the garage also checked to see if the head gasket had gone and said that all the coils seem to be fine.

really at a loss to know what is wrong with it now and don't really want to chuck a load of cash at it if I can help it.

If the oil warning light was red then that's a low oil pressure warning. Nothing to do with the oil level. The vvt-i is controlled by oil pressure so it's likely there is an issue with the oil pressure. It could be a blockage or the oil pump.

If the problem is being caused by oil sludge then it might help. If it's the oil pump then it won't. Have a look at the ocv filter. If it is gunked up then it would indicate that it could be sludge causing the problems.

Right so had the engine flushed and it's oil changed and my mechanic checked my timing while he was at it .

It turns out my can belt is shot to bits and dangerously close to snapping so I got it booked in to be changed next week .

He said it was really thin and warn.

Could this be the cause of my juddering ?

Right so timing belt and tensioners changed ,engine flushed and oil changed,new iridium spark plugs and air filter fitted but still got a judder.

So I decided to buy a coil pack and go through them one by one starting at the back taking out the old one and putting the new one in,taking it for a drive to see if it still juddered if it did I put the old coil back where it was and moved the new one to the next .

Anyway as sods law dictates it was the coil pack at the front, the last one I tried but bingo no judder so after quite a bit of cash and a lot head scratching its finally cured,

Thanks to all that commented and helped me diagnose my problem .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links