Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mystery Knock

got a metal knock from the driver side front wheel. happens when I turn the wheel a bit when stationary, sometimes over bumps and when braking. it happens majority of the time.

new parts changed:

bottom and top ball joints

caliper slide pins and brake pads

link bar

there is no play on the suspension or any sign of wear on any item. everything has been checked and tightened.

could this be the steering rack by any chance?

Hi there

We are having the same sort of problem on a new f-sports but only when we do a right hand down or left hand down reverse or setting off ours is a metal clanging noise we have had both front suspensions and top joints re-placed and steering rack re-placed we have had the trouble shooter down from UK Lexus with no joy and as we speak my car is in the dealers for the umpteenth time having 3 days of echo tests done the Lexus mechanic and the service manager admit they are at a loss and don't know what to do next is this the same as you regards peter.

thanks for reply but I don't understand how that may cause the knock.. the caliper piston is working fine and not seized or anything but I will try what you mentioned.

yes Ian, when changing the pads I swapped the shims around. the pads are in tight & new.

caliper carrier bolts are new.

slide pins are new with the rubber seal and greased up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links